MusicMatch Jukebox is going to be Yahoo! Music Jukebox ?

Swazi

I just started my MusicMatch Jukebox and I got the message that MusicMatch is ending its services August 31, 2007. For subscribers they offer a free upgrade to Yahoo! Musich Matchbox and additional 3 free months.

Shit ! :crying: Did you hear this already ?? What happened ??

I am a MM Jukebox Plus user, therefore I have no other option as to convert to Yahoo! in order not to lose my status.

I did it today and I must admit that the conversion went pretty smooth. At least it does it more or less automatically and all the original settings are the same as before. The only thing that did not work convincingly was the uploading of all tracks to the new Yahoo! library. It did it manually.

Well, we will need to get used to it, I suppose ! <_<

Haven't made the switch yet. Been too busy bitchin' about it instead. Glad to hear the transition is fairly smooth. Hopefully it's as easy to use as MusicMatch Jukebox was.

Hopefully it's as easy to use as MusicMatch Jukebox was.

Yeah, it's not too bad. It has the "iTunes" look and feel.

OK, so I made the switch from MusicMatch Jukebox to Yahoo Music Jukebox last night. Very smooth transition, all my songs, playlists, etc. migrated over without a single glitch, and the new Yahoo Jukebox seems pretty user-friendly.

However, unless I am missing something, Yahoo Music Jukebox only gives you the option of printing out a disc label and front cover when you burn a CDR; no rear tray insert. This sucks, because with MusicMatch you could do all that; it even generated spine labels. Basically, from what I can tell, all this new Yahoo Jukebox gives you is a front cover with a pretty background, title, and track listing. Frankly, that pisses me off, forcing me to migrate to a new program and then giving me less services than I had with the old one.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not the most computer-savvy person lurking 'round these parts, so if somebody knows something I don't (about this issue, natch), feel free to expand my knowledge. Also, does anyone know of a good program (free or otherwise, not fussy) that I can get that will generate complete CD inserts (front/back/spine)?

OK, so I made the switch from MusicMatch Jukebox to Yahoo Music Jukebox last night. Very smooth transition, all my songs, playlists, etc. migrated over without a single glitch, and the new Yahoo Jukebox seems pretty user-friendly.

However, unless I am missing something, Yahoo Music Jukebox only gives you the option of printing out a disc label and front cover when you burn a CDR; no rear tray insert. This sucks, because with MusicMatch you could do all that; it even generated spine labels. Basically, from what I can tell, all this new Yahoo Jukebox gives you is a front cover with a pretty background, title, and track listing. Frankly, that pisses me off, forcing me to migrate to a new program and then giving me less services than I had with the old one.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not the most computer-savvy person lurking 'round these parts, so if somebody knows something I don't (about this issue, natch), feel free to expand my knowledge. Also, does anyone know of a good program (free or otherwise, not fussy) that I can get that will generate complete CD inserts (front/back/spine)?

I fear you are right about this ... ! -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a little trouble. when I double click on a song it starts to play. when I double clikc on another song it stops playing the first song and takes it out of the list and starts to play the second song.

I guess my problem is how do I add more than one song on the new yahoo jukebox?

thanks

I'm having a little trouble. when I double click on a song it starts to play. when I double clikc on another song it stops playing the first song and takes it out of the list and starts to play the second song.

I guess my problem is how do I add more than one song on the new yahoo jukebox?

thanks

Do you mean adding a song to your playlist ?

You need to click ONCE and "drag" a song from your library to the playlist on the right hand side. Do NOT double click.

>> I've tried changing it to Yahoo Music but i keep getting a error thing. It's like it doesn't want me to have it. <<

Same here, only I don't get an error message. It just hangs there forever.

Did you use the conversion assistant ? This worked fine for me.

If you can't just double click and the songs gets added in like on MMJB I'm not a happy camper.

Yeah, it annoyed me at first too, but like anything, you get used to it.

• 6 months later...

I STILL hate this fucking Yahoo Music Jukebox. Hate the fact that you have to drag a song over to the playlist, hate the fact that it skips the first fucking song on every fucking CD I put in and right now I'm getting a fucking message that WON'T go away saying "The item you requested could not be found. Please try your request again later." Ummm, NO!!!!!

Why is it that "upgrades" and "mergers" ALWAYS = less quality???????????

Thats why I still have the install for the last version of MMJB 10 along with the Plus upgrade :nyanya:

>> Thats why I still have the install for the last version of MMJB 10 along with the Plus upgrade <<

I fucking hate people who think ahead like that! (LOL)

As far as Winamp goes, I had it for a while when I ran an online radio station but I got rid of it. Can't remember why. Maybe it didn't play CD's properly?? Dunno .....

if you can't just double click and the songs gets added in like on MMJB I'm not a happy camper.

thanks for the direction though

I have found the solution to this:

Go to "Preferences" and change the settings under "General" according to this picture:

jukeboxoptions.jpg

When double-clicked the song will be added to to the end of your playlist. Voila !!

• 3 months later...

And here we go again !! SHIT !!!!! Now that I got used to the Yahoo! Jukebox ! :hammer:

Yahoo-Rhapsody.jpg

• 1 year later...

For ripping I am using MediaMonkey in the meantime, which works pretty well. It doesn't find all the CD's on the internet, but most of them. And I like the way the files are archived on the harddrive.