Vicious Rumors

Vicious Rumors  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great US band. I love the first part of their discography... I went with 'Digital Dictator'. For me, the best melodic power metal band from the US.

Excellent choice for a poll Chris!! I don't have everything in the V.R. discography but I have loved WELCOME TO THE BALL for many years so that was my pick.

Have you heard the newest VR album, WARBALL? James Rivera (Helstar) is the current vocalist and he sounds fantastic!! It's definitely a throwback to the Carl Albert (R.I.P.) era of the band!!

Have you heard the newest VR album, WARBALL? James Rivera (Helstar) is the current vocalist and he sounds fantastic!! It's definitely a throwback to the Carl Albert (R.I.P.) era of the band!!

No, I haven't heard their latest album. I stopped buying their albums after the death of Carl Albert. But towards your comment, I should maybe get their last one. You haven't ever listened to "Digital Dictator" ? It's a killer disc.

No, I haven't heard their latest album. I stopped buying their albums after the death of Carl Albert. But towards your comment, I should maybe get their last one. You haven't ever listened to "Digital Dictator" ? It's a killer disc.

Yes, I have DIGITAL DICTATOR and it's quite good ("ROCK! LIKE! HELL!") but the self-titled (1990) and WELCOME TO THE BALL were the first two V.R. albums I got into, so I guess they're my sentimental favorites... they were a great band back then, I was very sorry to hear of Carl Albert's passing... I remember ordering the WORD OF MOUTH CD directly from the band back then, it came with a very nice letter from the band with all the band member's signatures on it (including Carl's)... he passed away a few months later and I'm damned if I can find that autographed letter now, though :crying:

I was supposed to see V.R. open for Savatage in 1991 or 1992 in NYC (it was Sava's "Streets" tour) but the show was cancelled, so I never got to see'em either. :(

I was supposed to see V.R. open for Savatage in 1991 or 1992 in NYC (it was Sava's "Streets" tour) but the show was cancelled, so I never got to see'em either. :(

I saw them on that tour, in Paris. It was a crazy show. VR was great on studio but also on stage... (the drummer is crazy).

I only have ever heard 'Welcome to the ball' and I do still own it though I rarely listen to anything other than 'When love comes down'. :wub: Either way, can't vote on this one as I don't know the other CDs.

• 3 years later...

Great, great band. Could have gone for any of the first 4 albums, all incredible, but 'Digital Dictator' just edges it for me. No tracks on there as good as 'Don't Wait For Me' or 'March Or Die', which are probably my VR favourites, but it is the most consistently good album.

:band:

• 3 weeks later...

I chose the self-titled disc. I just loved that damn disc!! "Don't Wait For Me" and "Ship Of Fools" were my favs.

Great songs mate my faves on that album as well. I like Digital dictator too. Really havn't listen to the suff after Carl Albert passed away.