Another sketchbag seller from Japan

I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with this guy, but I've been waiting over MONTH for the new Final Frontier CD, "Freelight". I bought it with Paypal on Sept 21 and it's still not here. I've filed a Paypal complaint as I've heard nothing from this guy since about mid-October. The seller is

TOKYOROCKADOM

His feedback is pretty rough, but most of it comes from one bidder, so I thought I'd have a better experience. Proven wrong!!

I ve gotten a few things from him, he is connected with disk heaven in Japan. I think you will get th cd if I rememember right took me almost a month to receive.

I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with this guy, but I've been waiting over MONTH for the new Final Frontier CD, "Freelight". I bought it with Paypal on Sept 21 and it's still not here. I've filed a Paypal complaint as I've heard nothing from this guy since about mid-October. The seller is

TOKYOROCKADOM

His feedback is pretty rough, but most of it comes from one bidder, so I thought I'd have a better experience. Proven wrong!!

A month? Neg the bastard. The guy must be utterly disorganized ala davesmetal.

Interestingly, one of the BEST sellers I've ever dealt with over the years is in Japan, seller tokyonewyork. I've had packages arrive from him within 4 days of the auction just using regular air mail. Packages from him in Tokyo routinely get to me far quicker than packages from the east or west coast of the U.S. Also, since his shipping charges are now generally less costly than from European sellers, it makes buying from Japan more of an option.

So assuming you cannot blame the postal system for the delays, the only thing left is a lame seller.

-Dan

P.S. My record to date getting a package here in podunk IL from Tokyo is on the 3rd day after the postmarked date. Amazing.

You're making it really tempting for me to drop a negative, but I'll hold out until 90 days. Another week and the Paypal chargeback verdict comes through and that will be the best revenge. :) He's got a pretty eye-for-an-eye feedback history, so if I neg him, I'll be positively getting a negative in return. :(

Brian leads me to think he may pull through. I've been to Disk Heaven in Tokyo (with PJ)... it's quite a place. Imagine every CD with an OBI and having to pull each one out to see the artist/title/etc. No just reading the spine!! Makes a 30 minute visit to the record store into a 2 hour ordeal!! But who said being a kid in a candy store was easy???

-_-

• 2023 Gold Donors
Imagine every CD with an OBI and having to pull each one out to see the artist/title/etc. No just reading the spine!! Makes a 30 minute visit to the record store into a 2 hour ordeal!! But who said being a kid in a candy store was easy???

-_-

That's what it's like for me everytime I go cd shoping over here. I always make sure I leave the wife at home because I can be in a store for hours. I really love it when I pull out cd and it is an awesome find. I actually getting good learning some of the Hiragana and Katakana characters for some of my favorite bands.

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine every CD with an OBI and having to pull each one out to see the artist/title/etc. No just reading the spine!! Makes a 30 minute visit to the record store into a 2 hour ordeal!! But who said being a kid in a candy store was easy???

-_-

That's what it's like for me everytime I go cd shoping over here. I always make sure I leave the wife at home because I can be in a store for hours. I really love it when I pull out cd and it is an awesome find. I actually getting good learning some of the Hiragana and Katakana characters for some of my favorite bands.

Disk Heaven Japan are good people... Never delt with the person (call name) you speak of, Koogs, but if he is connected with Disk Heaven Japan drop them a line and I'm sure everything will work out fine.

• 2 months later...

I think this guy is on the fast track to being NARUed. 12 out of the last 35 feedbacks have been negatives. I'd stay away.

I've visited Disk Heaven. It's quite a place and you're right, Frank, the staff are top notch. However, there are things involved with running an eBay business that is quite unlike running a conventional record store. I feel this seller, Tokyorockadom, either ships very infrequently or sells CDs he doesn't physically have in stock. Either way, there's a huge gulf between this seller and the many other excellent Japanese sellers who ship quickly to North America, among other many European/South American countries.

I've visited Disk Heaven. It's quite a place and you're right, Frank, the staff are top notch. However, there are things involved with running an eBay business that is quite unlike running a conventional record store. I feel this seller, Tokyorockadom, either ships very infrequently or sells CDs he doesn't physically have in stock. Either way, there's a huge gulf between this seller and the many other excellent Japanese sellers who ship quickly to North America, among other many European/South American countries.

I need to know now, did you get the CD?