SISTER

Guest miracle

I heard 'Deadboys making noise' over the weekend and I must say I liked a lot. The vocals are pretty harsh and rough, but the songs are great, hard-edged sleaze metal. I'd love to hear those first 3 demos listed on the website.

Yes. I like SISTER but hope they do not get too Wednesday 13 style of vocals and music.

Yeah, as I said in that thread - killer disc. You guys need to hear the new Sister CD too - 'Deadboys Making Noise'. Another awesome sleaze release from this year:

http://www.myspace.com/sisteronline

Yeah, to be honest the vocals were a bit harsh after my first listen, but the more I spin it the less I care. The CD kicks my ass, and the production job is f*cking amazing for the budget I assume these guys are operating on.

This should be happening in this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New album "Hated" out as of June 7th!

http://www.sisteronline.net/

516fbO2IVuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. Radioactive Misery

2. Body Blow

3. Bullshit & Backstabbing

4. HATED

5. Motherfuckers (like you)

6. Werewolves On Blackstreet

7. Spit On Me

8. The Unlucky Minority

9. Would You Love A Creature

10. Too Bad For You

11. Drag Me To The Grave

Samples of all tracks available at:

http://www.amazon.co...07937361&sr=1-1

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the verdict on this one from those who have heard it?

The band seriously look like something you'd see crawling backwards out of the TV in 'The Ring' movie and it's odd when the typically glammed up bass player is the most "normal" looking dude in a band. But image aside, these guys are doing pretty good things.

It's another step heavier than the last CD, which seemed evidently much heavier than their previous work. I was worried it might be something different all together, based on their image, but it's still hard edged sleaze. Quite hard edged. Song-wise, they're like a mix between Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar... but heavier than both. And more consistently faster paced. But that sleaze vibe is still well and truly there.

I will need to spin it some more, but I actually like this quite a bit. I dare say it might rate very well this year when I give the songs longer to stick.