Rock-It Records

Guest FAKEPOLICE
Any details? I saw they reissued mega rarities like Robert Tepper´s "No Easy Way Out" and Fahrenheit´s "Talking ´Bout Love"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAHRENHEIT-CD-Talking-...1QQcmdZViewItem

These are definitely Bootlegs-you surely remember all this Swedish guy who sold the Stage Dolls-Commandos

on EBAY and told that he found a rest stock.In similar way suddenly lots of copies from Kuni-Masque were offered to Swedish dealers-and these Dealers now also offer the Robert Tepper.Okay,Sweden is part of European community and maybe it is more possible to accuse here people who produce Bootlegs-but this is

the business of the Major Labels and their interest seems only in checking the charts than prosecuting that

illegal re-issues.More horrible is the US Situation where you can found Labels FULL with such stuff and nobody

prevents this-is there no authority at all????

• 2023 Gold Donors

Any details? I saw they reissued mega rarities like Robert Tepper´s "No Easy Way Out" and Fahrenheit´s "Talking ´Bout Love"?

These are definitely Bootlegs-you surely remember all this Swedish guy who sold the Stage Dolls-Commandos

on EBAY and told that he found a rest stock.In similar way suddenly lots of copies from Kuni-Masque were offered to Swedish dealers-and these Dealers now also offer the Robert Tepper.Okay,Sweden is part of European community and maybe it is more possible to accuse here people who produce Bootlegs-but this is

the business of the Major Labels and their interest seems only in checking the charts than prosecuting that

illegal re-issues.More horrible is the US Situation where you can found Labels FULL with such stuff and nobody

Does anyone have any actual confirmation (i.e. proof) that these are bootlegs. I've seen this one and some other stuff on Rock-It Records that I'm interested in:

Brian McDonald Group - Desperate Business

Illusion - S/T

Illusion - I Like It Loud

Shogun - 31 Days

There are a few others (that I can't recall right now). I don't mind having a few boots, but I don't want to drop a buttload of cash for one. Any help would be most appreciated.

The Kuni cd's are not boots...........

JL

All the Rock-It titles are boots. The Brian Macdonald was re-issued on the excellent Sony Rewind label and is the official release, the other is a boot. Would be very careful with the Robert Tepper, although it is being advertised as being on the Scotti Bros. label which is the correct one, so without seeing it couldn't confirm. The 2 Illusion dics to my knowledge have never been released on CD, so you decide their authenticity.

All the Rock-It titles are boots. The Brian Macdonald was re-issued on the excellent Sony Rewind label and is the official release, the other is a boot. Would be very careful with the Robert Tepper, although it is being advertised as being on the Scotti Bros. label which is the correct one, so without seeing it couldn't confirm. The 2 Illusion dics to my knowledge have never been released on CD, so you decide their authenticity.

I am certain one of the Illusion CDs recieved an official CD pressing.

If not, perhaps the people in reissues should look into releasing both Illusion albums on CD :)

• 4 weeks later...

ANYONE KNOWS IF IS IT A BOOTLEG ?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ROBERT-TEPPER-No-easy-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

THE SELLER POSTED THIS INFO ON AUCTION:

We are happy to bring you this rare and out of print CD. If this is the original CD or a later Re-issue we don´t know, we took the chance when we found this CD. If you think we are selling it to cheap its because we are dedicated to bring you GOOD music at reasonable prices and i can assure you that we are not selling these at a loss. Our fair trading policy means that we are basing our price on what we paid for it NOT what we might get for it in the long run.

Label: Scotti Brothers

Cat. No.: ZK40128

Country of origin: US

Year: 1986

I ASKED HIM SEVERAL TIMES TO SEND ME PHOTO OF CD BUT I GOT NO ANSWER

<_<-_--_-

ANYONE KNOWS IF IS IT A BOOTLEG ?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ROBERT-TEPPER-No-easy-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

THE SELLER POSTED THIS INFO ON AUCTION:

We are happy to bring you this rare and out of print CD. If this is the original CD or a later Re-issue we don´t know, we took the chance when we found this CD. If you think we are selling it to cheap its because we are dedicated to bring you GOOD music at reasonable prices and i can assure you that we are not selling these at a loss. Our fair trading policy means that we are basing our price on what we paid for it NOT what we might get for it in the long run.

Label: Scotti Brothers

Cat. No.: ZK40128

Country of origin: US

Year: 1986

I ASKED HIM SEVERAL TIMES TO SEND ME PHOTO OF CD BUT I GOT NO ANSWER

<_<-_--_-

I can't tell from the lone picture, but the disclaimer in the auction wording combined with the reluctance to send you a picture of the disc itself just screams out CD-R.

-Dan

Ok i had to bite on this one......I bought a copy of the Robert Tepper, and yes it is definately a bootleg......the sound quality is not the greatest but not the worst, has some pops and hisses if you listen closely.....Also the artwork is not centered on the booklet, the printing on the cd itself is out of line as bad if not as worse as the Stage Dolls fiasco....It is silverpressed, which did shock me, but i only paid $10 for it.......Hell even the Rock It Records insignia is not straight.....hahaha......If you want it for just listening purposes it is cool, but if you are collecting steer clear....

Later

Lon

THANKS LONNIE FOR THE INFO....

I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE SELLER IS NOT VERY HONEST BECAUSE HE DON'T ANSWER TO MAILS OR MESSAGES AND NOT SHOWS THE PHOTO OF THE CD.

I'M SURPRISED ON THE GOOD FEEDBACK HE RECEIVED

-_-<_<-_-

WELL TAKE A LOOK:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ROBERT-TEPPER-No-Easy-W...bayphotohosting

IT SEEMS THAT ALSO THIS SELLER DON'T SHOW ALL INFO ABOUT THE ITEM....