CureTheSane

Santa Cruz No More

On 3/31/2018 at 10:22 AM, simo said:

Looks like they're working things out, they're posting pictures with one another on instagram and captions like "The good times will never die"

On 4/17/2018 at 7:08 PM, simo said:

A new guitarist was announced via Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/santacruzbandofficial/ 

Tried to make sense of the comments and I think as of now only the singer is left in the band and hiring new members, starting with this new guitarist.

Wow, big difference between these two. :( I hoped and assumed they'd be okay. Bummer. 

the singer is the problem. 

From FB:

After working with Brody DeRozie for a few months, we mutually came to the conclusion that he was not the man for Santa Cruz. We want to wish Brody all the best to his future endeavours in music. May we introduce the Russian Rocket, 19 year old guitar prodigy: @pavcruzz 26a1.png1f525.png🔥 We’ve been working like crazy on the low to get this band to the next level, so get stoked boys & girls! Shit’s about to get wild! XXX - The Cruz Team

So the singer won?

Owned the name?

The others left?

Yeah, I'm confused...

I must say I'm VERY impressed with the new guitar player, and after I found out he's only 19 even more so! As a guitar player myself I really enjoy his style (maybe the singer will benefit from it as well, new inspiration etc) and also like the things he did before Santa Cruz. There are a few videos of covers online and even original songs, again very impressed by the talent and definitely interested in the next album

This is an instrumental version of Pavel's own song ''Ready To Fall'', the vocals on the original aren't anything groundbreaking but he does them himself and I'm sure he'll do more than fine as a backup vocalist

14 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

So the singer won?

Owned the name?

The others left?

Yeah, I'm confused...

In that order, yes. :D

11 hours ago, simo said:

I must say I'm VERY impressed with the new guitar player, and after I found out he's only 19 even more so! As a guitar player myself I really enjoy his style (maybe the singer will benefit from it as well, new inspiration etc) and also like the things he did before Santa Cruz. There are a few videos of covers online and even original songs, again very impressed by the talent and definitely interested in the next album

I'm a guitarist too but I think he's too young for this. Yeah, he's good but he needs more experience, more "blues" to play this style right. Plus I didn't feel any chemistry between them two in the video. He looks (and plays) like Archie's little brother. 

8 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

In that order, yes. :D

I guess I wasn't that confused after all :)