Butch Walker - 'Sycamore Meadows'

Geoff

Result being, he did actually really dig the 2 CDs and has asked me to burn him a compilation CD of the best songs from 'Letters' and 'Sycamore Meadows'. Pointless post? Hell yes. But a victory in my book.

Congrats Geoff! (First off, I don't know how anyone could hate M3 or LOSC, but then again, I like pretty much all of Butch's material, no matter the band, and, tastes in music, or anything for that matter, are like assholes (hmm, that doesn't sound quite right).... what was I saying?

Anyway, congrats on converting your bro. (And all the drinking!) :drink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Result being, he did actually really dig the 2 CDs and has asked me to burn him a compilation CD of the best songs from 'Letters' and 'Sycamore Meadows'. Pointless post? Hell yes. But a victory in my book.

Congrats Geoff! (First off, I don't know how anyone could hate M3 or LOSC, but then again, I like pretty much all of Butch's material, no matter the band, and, tastes in music, or anything for that matter, are like assholes (hmm, that doesn't sound quite right).... what was I saying?

Anyway, congrats on converting your bro. (And all the drinking!) :drink:

Haha, thanks mate. Spreading the word, slowly, one by one.

Yeah, he hates that whole big chorus thing of M3. I think it was 'Grant Park' he had particular hatred for and he never got over it, lol. Hated the big 'Anymore, anymooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!' bits. :lol:

Hated the big 'Anymore, anymooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!' bits. :lol:

If one were to hate that aspect, I could see where M3 would get to them.

That's a GREAT typed version of that chorus! I totally laughed out loud at that! :tumbsup:

Hated the big 'Anymore, anymooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!' bits. :lol:

If one were to hate that aspect, I could see where M3 would get to them.

That's a GREAT typed version of that chorus! I totally laughed out loud at that! :tumbsup:

:lol: Thanks. I might ask Butch if he wants me to write the lyric sheets for any upcoming CD he may record. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Jay, you may have seen this one. Still my favourite song off the disc:

'Atlanta' - Live.

I hadn't seen that one yet. Thanks! (I don't go searching there too often. I wait for my friend to send me a note she's put her latest batch up. lol) I hope to in a month or so when I see him live a couple of times, though. I can't imagine that wouldn't make its way on to the set list at least once.

(Too bad the sound quality on that one isn't the greatest. I'll have a couple of 'taper' friends working these shows. I'm sure there'll be some extra good versions up soon.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, I was just doing some shopping in Woolworths and I heard 'Here Comes The...' over the loud speakers on the radio!!! WTF?! Is he actually having some deserved success with this CD?