Stryper - When We Were Kings (September 13, 2024)

whiplash1972

New album coming September 24th

New single “End of Days” drops tomorrow.

IMG_7700.webp

OMG - this cover art.... :devil:

I wish Stryper was a satirical band like Steel Panther. But they take all that religion stuff seriously, so I can't take them seriously.  Well, it helps that I don't like their sound anyway, especially Michael Sweet's voice. I liked his first solo album a lot, but as soon as his voice reaches higher pitches, I find it simply weak and boring. And incomprehensible. Just my opinion.

New song “End of Days”

I’m sure there’ll probably be a lyric video or visualizer of some sorts later today. 

It's actually a little better than usual--I can actually understand about 25% of Michael's singing. :P

Jokes aside, it's a decent, typical Stryper tune. Hardly the greatest song they've ever written, but nowhere near the bottom either. My 17 year-old daughter, a casual Stryper listener at best, gave it a shot, shrugged, and said, "It sounds like all the other 'whatever' Stryper songs."

A new album is coming. This song represents the heavy side. There is a more melodic side and even a poppier side to this album. The best is yet to come. I can’t wait for you all to hear it.

Against all odds, we’ve fought the fight and we’ve finished the race. We are blessed.
September can’t come fast enough🙌

Why release this as the first song if there are better songs to come? Surely if you think there are better songs on the album, you release them first to hook people into buying it.