AI generated music… is this where we’re heading?

• 2024 Gold Donors

Hey Geoff and Glen.

I just received this email from Suno announcing a new feature to edit existing songs without generating a new one.

It sounds like just the thing you've been waiting for Geoff.

I'll have a bit of a play with it on the weekend.

Unfortunately though, it's only available to paid subscribers.

Screenshot_2024-10-10-11-41-48-56_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.thumb.jpg.4b04f7cba38426da77beaae19adb2022.jpg

Yeah mate, saw that this morning too. Please let us know how you go with it. I’m away for a long weekend so won’t get to play around with this, but this email has made me consider subscribing. Sadly it’s not quite that simple for me as I make everything difficult, lol. I actually have several Suno accounts with several email addresses so I need to find a way to merge them, if possible, to take full advantage of this. Doubt it will be possible, but if so it’d be such a massive thing for me. If I could go back and tweak all my favourite tracks to a point where I wouldn’t be (too?) embarrassed to share them that’d be massive. 

So yeah, would definitely appreciate your feedback if possible. :) 

• 2024 Gold Donors
48 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah mate, saw that this morning too. Please let us know how you go with it. I’m away for a long weekend so won’t get to play around with this, but this email has made me consider subscribing. Sadly it’s not quite that simple for me as I make everything difficult, lol. I actually have several Suno accounts with several email addresses so I need to find a way to merge them, if possible, to take full advantage of this. Doubt it will be possible, but if so it’d be such a massive thing for me. If I could go back and tweak all my favourite tracks to a point where I wouldn’t be (too?) embarrassed to share them that’d be massive. 

So yeah, would definitely appreciate your feedback if possible. :) 

No worries mate.

I'll let you know.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2024 at 10:46 AM, Geoff said:

Haha, I have actually used that one a bit, cob. You think it makes a big difference? Always so hard to tell which prompts land and which don't when you use 10 or so prompts. But I'll be sure to keep that one up front, though. And play with it tonight. 

I used the "big production" one again last night and songs were definitely crisper than the night before when a lot of my results were very "treble-y" for lack of a better term. So big production and big drums up high in the mix tonight. 

Anyway, peaks and troughs. I'm going through a passage where I'm penning a whole bunch of new tracks. I do a lot of driving, but also a quite a bit of walking for my job, and I've got in the habit of jotting stuff down in my Notes app whenever something comes to me as I walk around, and trying to pump out a few new tunes.

A few by-the-numbers melodic rock tracks mostly, but I got one yesterday and I really loved the outcome. A bit of a more "random" tune, but I'll be cursed if I don't actually quite like how this one came out;

https://suno.com/song/885e4b14-3e08-45cf-8e33-d2e1cfd04e42

did you write those lyrics? Bit random. 

19 hours ago, Glen said:

did you write those lyrics? Bit random. 

Haha, yes mate, I’ve written lyrics for everything I’ve done with Suno. And yep, very random indeed, that one. Hence the ‘words for the sake of words’ line, lol.