Mr. Big - Ten

Stefan

It isn't classic Mr.Big for the most part but it is what it is...a band relaxing and enjoying themselves.

I seen them last week and the were great live...really enjoyed it....didn't play any new songs...a mixture of some hits plus the complete Lean Into It album :) 

On 7/16/2024 at 11:57 AM, Geoff said:

Terrible album, didn't realise it was their last. They definitely had and handful of classic tunes sprinkled throughout their career.

What the new album sounds like to me, for over half of it, is a group of well accomplished musicians jamming with the mics on. A couple of songs sound structured and planned (but still bad), but yeah, to me, the other half of the album just sounds like a few dudes jamming and someone leaked the sessions onto the album for release. 

Said it a million times about this band - never going to argue their worth as musicians, but sadly it rarely translated to a good song, for me, when it came to these guys. Thank goodness for the gems amongst it, though. If nothing else, you could make a truly killer 10-15 Best Of album from these guys... and leave it at that. ;)

I think in many ways you just summed up my feelings on the band. To be with you was my introduction back in the day so bought Lean into it, and then picked up the debut. Some cool songs on them but nothing that screamed essential band. I did buy Bump ahead when it came out, but that was pretty much enough for me as I have not bought any of their albums since.

Talented with some nice songs, but nothing I cannot live without.

I lost interest after the first 2 albums.

Saw them live touring the debut.

That's it for me 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I lost interest after the first 2 albums.

Saw them live touring the debut.

That's it for me 🤷‍♂️

But Defying Gravity is amazing

Doing yourself a disservice if you haven't given it a go.

• Like 1