War Babies - New Album Of Unreleased Music Due This Year

War Babies, the classic heavy metal/hard rock/grunge band of the late 80s and early 90s, is releasing its first album in over 30 years, in collaboration with NW Metalworx Music. They are digging deep in the band's vaults to bring you some never-before heard recordings and live material from 1989 - 1993 (including some music that was intended for a second album).   

https://bravewords.com/news/war-babies-new-album-of-unreleased-music-due-this-year

What a weird way for them to describe the band. "metal/hard rock/grunge"

They were hard rock pure and simple, and just because members later went on to form Pearl Jam doesn't make them grunge.

Hell, even Mother Love Bone was not grunge.

I would even struggle to call them metal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

What a weird way for them to describe the band. "metal/hard rock/grunge"

They were hard rock pure and simple, and just because members later went on to form Pearl Jam doesn't make them grunge.

Hell, even Mother Love Bone was not grunge.

I would even struggle to call them metal.

Yeah I was wondering about that description as well. Hard rock for sure. Obviously the writer doesn't know much about the band...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Yeah I was wondering about that description as well. Hard rock for sure. Obviously the writer doesn't know much about the band...

Probably just saw the connection to Pearl Jam and decided they must be at least partially grunge.

First and only album was a little known classic. Zero grunge in sight! No metal either unless you mean like how we called all heavy music "metal" back in the 80s. If so I am cool with it. To describe War Babies as grunge though, that is crazy.

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, auslander said:

$16 shipping to Australia 😞. Pity cause I would have liked that disc.

As much as I'd like to get the cd, $32 USD is way more than I'm willing to pay (almost $44 CAD)