Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Metal Songs of All Time

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/100-greatest-heavy-metal-songs-1234688425/over-my-head-kings-x-1234689138/

The article is too huge to copy and paste so you are just going to have to click the link for yourselves!

• Like 1

Ok I knew Rolling Stone sucked but they dont know how to count either? It say 100 Greatest but there are only 51 listed? Whats up with that crap? :crazy: And I guess Im not much of a "Metaltrekman" as I thought, Ive never heard of probably at least half of those bands. And for sure dont and havent listened to more than 3/4. :lol:  Can I change my screen name here? ;)

An interesting list and yes there are 100 songs as you have to click at the top of the page to get the other half of the list. While I do recognize all of the bands , I am not into a lot of them as they cover pretty much every type of heavy music in existence and my list would look very different but to each their own...

Death, Rush, Carcass, and Helloween should have been on there. I know this is basically just a list of most popular metal songs that happen to also have a music video but c'mon, that's writing out a major chunk of the genre's history.

Also, my days of arguing over what is metal and what is not are long behind me, but Evanescence??? :wacko: Might as well include Linkin Park, Disturbed, and Nickelback, too...

Edited by Eric3