Faster Pussycat - Like A Ghost (2022)

AlphaMale

FASTER PUSSYCAT – Like A Ghost (2022)

VARIOUS SOURCES - PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 29, 2022

FASTER PUSSYCAT - Like A Ghost (2022) - full

Eighties Sunset Strip favorites FASTER PUSSYCAT are heating up the winter of 2023 with the release of new material in the form of the EP ‘Like A Ghost‘. This release is the first for the band under the Golden Robot umbrella with Taime Downe saying earlier this year “The band and I are over the moon to join the Golden Robot Records rock-n-roll family. We are super excited to release some of our badass new tunes globally – we know the label see our vision and supports the band and we feel completely at home here.”

The new songs comes just a few months before Faster Pussycat are expected to tour overseas including Australia. Not bad for a band formed four decades ago and still delivers kick ass rock n’ roll.

‘Like a Ghost‘ is a track about growing up in the 70’s, listening to the radio and doing what kids do and the memories it brings back. It features Taime‘s signature vocals carrying the song through to completion. The production is second to none with blistering guitars and the band in full force.

‘Pirate Love‘, a cover of the legend Johnny Thunders stays true to the original with strong instrumentals, killer vocals and an edge to it – everything you would expect from Faster Pussycat.

‘Nola’ is a song inspired by New Orleans, a city that front man Taime Downe holds dear to his heart. When the band started working on making new music for a release “NOLA” was the obvious choice to lead with. Past year Downe and guitarist Sam Bam Koltun began working together in the studio tracking guitars for this song.

And the band is also making available again their cover of Rick Springfield’s classic ‘Jessie’s Girl’ recorded some time ago.

Highly Recommended

01 – Like a Ghost
02 – Pirate Love
03 – Nola
04 – Jessie’s Girl

Taime Downe – lead and backing vocals
Xristian Simon – guitar
Sam “Bam” Koltun – guitar, backing vocals
Danny Nordahl – bass, backing vocals
Chad Stewart – drums

BUY
www.amazon.com/music/player/albums/B0BLF6SGYX

• Like 1

• AlphaMale changed the title to Faster Pussycat - Like A Ghost (2022)

Oh shit, that actually sounds like Faster Pussycat, and double oh shit, it’s actually a pretty cool song. Basic production, but I like it. Had no idea they were dropping all the industrial shit and going back to what they do best. Nice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Oh shit, that actually sounds like Faster Pussycat, and double oh shit, it’s actually a pretty cool song. Basic production, but I like it. Had no idea they were dropping all the industrial shit and going back to what they do best. Nice. 

Many centuries ago (2001 to be precise) I bought tickets to see LA Guns and Faster Pussycat play the Camden Underworld, a small venue in London. At the last minute Faster Pussycat pulled out. No excuse given that I remember, just pulled out. Still went to see the show as I was mainly going to see LA Guns anyway, and the replacement for FP was Steevi "Tigertailz" Jaimz.

Both LA Guns and Steevi were amazing.

Fast forward to 2022, just five months later, Faster Pussycat announced they wanted to make it up to fans and did a show at the same venue with Pretty Boy Floyd supporting. Pretty Boy Floyd absolutely stole the show as FP came out looking like Marilyn Manson if you ordered him off Wish dot com. They looked and sounded terrible. Not only was it that awful industrial shit, but Taime seemed like he was off his head on something, slurring and forgetting words and had all the stage presence of a hobo shitting in a trash can.

Thank fuck the tickets were cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
On 11/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Many centuries ago (2001 to be precise) I bought tickets to see LA Guns and Faster Pussycat play the Camden Underworld, a small venue in London. At the last minute Faster Pussycat pulled out. No excuse given that I remember, just pulled out. Still went to see the show as I was mainly going to see LA Guns anyway, and the replacement for FP was Steevi "Tigertailz" Jaimz.

Both LA Guns and Steevi were amazing.

Fast forward to 2022, just five months later, Faster Pussycat announced they wanted to make it up to fans and did a show at the same venue with Pretty Boy Floyd supporting. Pretty Boy Floyd absolutely stole the show as FP came out looking like Marilyn Manson if you ordered him off Wish dot com. They looked and sounded terrible. Not only was it that awful industrial shit, but Taime seemed like he was off his head on something, slurring and forgetting words and had all the stage presence of a hobo shitting in a trash can.

Thank fuck the tickets were cheap.

Did you mean "fast forward to 2002," or "just five months ago"?

Yeah, Taime's image is a bit odd, the whole Industrial/Marilyn Manson thing, but they sounded great on the MOR Cruise ten years ago. 

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I thought it was decent. 

I didn’t hate all of it, but it was also all completely forgettable and turns out it had zero replay value, as I never really spin any of it again. But the song above is not a bad jam, and there were a couple of others. ‘Like a ghost’ is 100% more memorable and more enjoyable than the entire industrial era, though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I didn’t hate all of it, but it was also all completely forgettable and turns out it had zero replay value, as I never really spin any of it again. But the song above is not a bad jam, and there were a couple of others. ‘Like a ghost’ is 100% more memorable and more enjoyable than the entire industrial era, though. 

Agree mate!

• Like 1