Jani Lane - Serial killer

Captain Howdy

I first heard this a few years ago, and it has probably been discussed on here before but the search function throws up everything when you search for Jani or Serial Killer.

I had liked the song The one that got away on Alice Coopers Along came a spider album, and one day a few years ago I found out it was originally an unreleased Jani Lane song.

Being a huge Jani fan I have just been wishing that all the unreleased stuff I have heard over the years would get a remaster and a proper release as he was one hell of a song writer and singer. This though sounds fully produced.

Also found an old interview from 2010 where Jani discussed working with Alice on his (then) upcoming Welcome 2 my nightmare album, but sadly looking at the writing credits, they went in a different direction as there are no Jani writing credits. I wonder if there are any unreleased Alice Cooper songs from those writing sessions?

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's hoping, he had so many excellent songs and I'm sure he had even more in the vault.  I would love for him to have a proper release as a tribute to his songwriting talents

7 hours ago, SunsetHoliday said:

Here's hoping, he had so many excellent songs and I'm sure he had even more in the vault.  I would love for him to have a proper release as a tribute to his songwriting talents

The Jabberwocky songs have been knocking around for quite some time now, but I agree, being the kind of guy he was, I bet there is even more hidden away somewhere.

59 minutes ago, auslander said:

Better than stuff on his solo album that's for sure. Wish he'd released a cleaned up version of this song on that record.

Definitely sounds as though it it was from those same writing sessions. 

• Like 1