Ellefson-Soto "Vacation in The Underworld"

Dead Planet

Well, that was… something.  

Im always interested in anything JSS is involved in, but I’m going to have to hear something quite a bit better than that to convince me to pick this one up. 🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Well, that was… something.  

Im always interested in anything JSS is involved in, but I’m going to have to hear something quite a bit better than that to convince me to pick this one up. 🤔

I'm not much of a JSS fan but I thought this collaboration would be interesting, unfortunately that is not a good song....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dead Planet said:

This one is better than the last....

Indeed. A vast improvement 👍

• 2 weeks later...

A cover of Riot's "Swords & Tequila"; this one isn't on the upcoming CD :blink:

Full one hour vid of Ellefson-Soto’s first live performance 

• 2 weeks later...

Very uninspiring album for me, personally. If I had to make a pick, 'Writing on the Wall' was probably my favourite of the lot... but it's a hard pass for me. 

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

the only decent thing he's done recently was that last WET album.

It's a shame he likes heavier music because he's really not very good at it, lol. 

In a perfect world, I'd fully support his heavier ventures, but they're all just so shit. It's as if he thinks for some reason that he cannot fuse together melody and heaviness. Apparently it has to be one or the other, but not the two combined. I don't really understand why we can't get the best of both worlds, but everything heavier that he's released sounds like shit to me. Shouldn't need to be this way. :(

I finally decided to pick this one up, and actually find myself enjoying the majority of the songs. The main thing I find myself thinking though, is how is it they picked the worst damn song of the bunch to not only name the album after, but to also release as the first single/video? :blink: