Violet - Illusions

Stefan

291638482_182284450893924_32030981825418

This sounds pretty sweet.

From Metalapolis Records:

SOPHIE is the first single taken from the upcoming VIOLET album ILLUSIONS. The album contains 9 tracks and brings back the typical keyboard influenced AOR sounds of the 80s. Release date is November 18th on CD & digital.

VIOLET are: Jamie Beckham - Vocals Manuel Heller - Guitars Filip Kuzanski - Keyboards Eric Hart - Bass Maurice Probst - Drums Frank Dapper - Session drums

Track listing

1. The Looks Of A Winner 4:46

2. Blame It On The Night 3:40

3. Sophie 3:29

4. Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me) 3:34

5. Francine 4:05

6. Burning May 4:28

7. Only Love 4:36

8. Cover Model 4:45

9. Run Away 4:23

facebook

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2022 at 11:51 PM, Eric3 said:

Nice song, nice production, but I'm not sure if the vocals fit, her voice isn't very strong. I'd have to hear another song, maybe a ballad?

Maybe when they release their next single 'Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me?) later this month?

And yes, that's a Sam Fox cover.

Edited by Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

New video is out: Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)

I like it 👍

• 3 weeks later...

'Illusions' out November 18.

More info:

Welcome back to the 80s!

VIOLET, the young AOR outfit from Germany, was founded back in 2020. All members were at a great party at the legendary Rockfabrik rock club in Ludwigsburg in 2019, when the realized they all have the same great passion for 80s AOR and Hard Rock sounds like TOTO, HEART, STARSHIP, SURVIVOR, LITA FORD, VIXEN (just to name a few). They decided to give it a try and jammed together. The chemistry was there from second one and the band was born.

Jamie (vocals), Manuel (guitar, vocals), Eric (bass) and Filip (keyboards) worked very hard on the album and the result of the first demos were a blast. Since they all knew the people from YELLOW MUFFIN RECORDS (Metalapolis Records) they hooked up with them and got a record deal. In fall 2020 they entered the studio together with producer Andy Konstandaras to start the recordings for the debut album ‘Illusions’. Since they had not found a suitable drummer yet, they asked a friend, drummer Frank Dapper from the German Pop Rock superstars PUR, to help them out. And he did nothing but an amazing job.

The album was mastered by Chris Jones at the Peak-Studios in Gerbrunn/Germany and contains 8 self-written songs and a cover version of the 80s Pop superstar SAMANTHA FOX, who had a big hit with ‘Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)’ back in the days.

If you like 80s AOR music, you will love VIOLET!!!

Edited by Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't listen to the cover, but there's something I really like about the other two songs. The vocalist probably is the weak link, and the guitarist singing in the 3rd song should not have a video camera on him... but I like the songs and the vocals definitely are not a dealbreaker. I look forward to the album. 

So are the vocalist and guitarist actually lovers? Sexy. 

• 1 month later...

Just got the album today and it really is very good indeed. One i'm going to be playing a lot over the coming months

On 10/10/2022 at 12:23 AM, Geoff said:

Didn't listen to the cover, but there's something I really like about the other two songs. The vocalist probably is the weak link, and the guitarist singing in the 3rd song should not have a video camera on him... but I like the songs and the vocals definitely are not a dealbreaker. I look forward to the album. 

What cover is this dickhead talking about?

Anyway, heard the album today and there's some nice gear on this. I like the sound. 'Francis,' 'Sophie' and 'Looks of a winner' would be my picks. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Geoff said:

Sorry to dig up this thread. Just came across Violet in my Spotify journey and was looking for it here. 

Jamie, the singer, was 19* when the album was recorded. I'll definitely give her and her voice a chance and look forward to more to come from this group.

*) This is what it says on their website (english and german): https://violetband.de/band/