Anybody else fucking dig this song???

Leykis101

Heres Paul Holdgates other album, Heists singer, he shouldve stuck with Heist, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doggy said:

Austlander and Dusty same on both you, what about Uncanny X Men or the Church ?

I was gonna suggest the Church but thought they'd be a bit too gothy/alternative for here. Ashamed to admit I never got into the Uncanny X-Men...

58 minutes ago, auslander said:

I was gonna suggest the Church but thought they'd be a bit too gothy/alternative for here. Ashamed to admit I never got into the Uncanny X-Men...

Im fully aware of The Church, they use to play them on the show 120 Minutes on MTV

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Used to drag to the Church, by the ex now. Same with Uncanny X Men, Brian try chat her up. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another band you may like is "Something For Kate".

I recently posted a "Divinyls" cover by their Lead Vocalist, "Paul Dempsey".

It's good stuff, they're a really solid band. 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 PM, Darkstone said:

Divinyls - Back to the Wall.

A legendary Aussie band with many hits.

This track would come close to my favourite. Maybe tied with "All the Boys in Town".

I heard this cover by Paul Dempsey from another solid Aussie Pop/Rock band called "Something For Kate" on the radio last week.

I've mentioned it before, but imagine being able to stand up with an acoustic guitar and pull this out.

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Doggy said:

Austlander and Dusty same on both you, what about Uncanny X Men or the Church ?

"The Church" are great. "Under the Milky Way" is Epic.

The "Uncanny X-Men" were a bit of a flash in the pan.

I do however, have great memories of...

"50 Years".

"Every Body Wants to Work".

"Party".

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's another classic Aussie band you might not be aware of Cody.

"Wa Wa Nee".

I posted these tracks a while ago.

I know Stefan is a fan, so that gives you a good idea of the quality. 

This is really good 80s Pop.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:24 PM, Darkstone said:

Great Aussie Pop band from the eighties. 

Edited by Darkstone

Bruh! that's more then pop, that's riding into Hi-Tech territory, that's fucking awesome shit, what the fuck? why wasn't I informed of these guys earlier? WOW, I got a boner right now, fuck all you guys, I think you were hiding these guys from me on purpose, cause you knew I'd sport wood when I heard them, shame on you all, what great shit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leykis101 said:

Bruh! that's more then pop, that's riding into Hi-Tech territory, that's fucking awesome shit, what the fuck? why wasn't I informed of these guys earlier? WOW, I got a boner right now, fuck all you guys, I think you were hiding these guys from me on purpose, cause you knew I'd sport wood when I heard them, shame on you all, what great shit.

You know what they remind me of? a more rock version of the band C'Vello

10 hours ago, auslander said:

Love Wa Wa Nee and Kids in the Kitchen. We had some quality pop bands in the mid 80s.

Shock you didn't  put  their clip , " Current Stand "

Edited by Doggy

12 hours ago, auslander said:

Love Wa Wa Nee and Kids in the Kitchen. We had some quality pop bands in the mid 80s.

I'd have to hear something else from them, this song is kind of just a song, it doesn't tell me if they are more pop or hi-tch? I mean they sound like there's potential that's the only reason I ask, I like the vocalist, i like his voice alot

I remember another aussie band ive jammed for years, Muthas Day Out, jammed them back in 95 and cant forget I'm still jamming Weapon Head

Edited by Leykis101

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, auslander said:

Yeah, "The Models", "Boom Crash Opera", "Pseudo Echo" and many more.

I could never get into KITK though. 

This is my favourite from "the Pseuds". A pure 80s time machine for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, "The Models", "Boom Crash Opera", "Pseudo Echo" and many more.

I could never get into KITK though. 

This is my favourite from "the Pseuds". A pure 80s time machine for me.

" Race " was mine favorite album by Pseudo Echo . Sad, a couple years I saw them at Shoppingtown Hotel in Doncaster , Brian refused to sign my CD cover

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I remember another aussie band ive jammed for years, Muthas Day Out, jammed them back in 95 and cant forget I'm still jamming Weapon Head

Muthas Day Out came from Arkansas 

7 hours ago, Doggy said:

Muthas Day Out came from Arkansas 

LOL, It was a misnomer, to see who picked up on it, if you hadn't noticed I do that frequently, just cause it amuses me, kind of doesn't have the same effect as doing it in person, but Australia, Arkansas, honestly I never thought anyone would even know who they are to care, but you have shocked me doggy, and FYI im aware they are from Batesville, I suddenly remembered Weapon Head and added it in, maybe I should have posted it by itself, but honestly nobody I know even knows who MDO is, sometimes I'll run into people who know them as that band playing in the club on the Mortal Kombat movie, but if you've ever seen them you'd know they were from somewhere in the middle to south of the US, straight up hillbilly's, lol, nice catch though Doggy, you were probably trying to find out who this band was from Australia you'd never heard of right? LOL,

They didn't take off here, Australia,yes album did get an Australia release.

I remember they had a bit of Faith No More sound, if I listen to it now I can hear Korn and those other Nu Metal bands.

16 hours ago, Doggy said:

" Race " was mine favorite album by Pseudo Echo . Sad, a couple years I saw them at Shoppingtown Hotel in Doncaster , Brian refused to sign my CD cover

Why would he refuse? What a tool.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:50 AM, auslander said:

Why would he refuse? What a tool.

He didn't like it , cause the Americans pick up on it. Also he said " It was too Bon Jovi sound "

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's a fairly obscure Aussie band called "Big Pig".

Their 1988 album "Bonk" was very successful and had three fairly major singles.

They were a bit too "arty" for me with a weird look., but the music was solid. Very much percussion based.

"Breakaway" is a great track.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Here's a fairly obscure Aussie band called "Big Pig".

Their 1988 album "Bonk" was very successful and had three fairly major singles.

They were a bit too "arty" for me with a weird look., but the music was solid. Very much percussion based.

"Breakaway" is a great track.

Featured in one of the Bill and Ted movie soundtracks if I remember right.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

This seems to be an obscure Aussie band thread, so here's another one.

"Mi-Sex" from the late 70s/early 80s, still pop up every now and then on the radio down here. 

These two tracks are huge "time machines" for me. 

I'm sure all the Aussies here of my vintage would agree. 

Edited by Darkstone