WYLD RYDE - Gasoline Alley (2021)

AlphaMale

various sources:

WYLD RYDE – Gasoline Alley (2021)

DECEMBER 18, 2021

WYLD RYDE - Gasoline Alley (2021) full

Classic hard rock & metal is still alive in a America, at least int the indie scene. Just listen to “Gasoline Alley“, the new album from Louisville, Kentucky-based WYLD RYDE; are we still in 1984? Nope, but this 4-piece seems to.

Songs like title track, ‘Hold on Me’ or the bruising ‘Six Gun Shooter’ are thunderously-charged metallic tunes combining the fierce riffs of Leatherwolf with ball-n-chain street riffs ala Keel. It’s the attitude, the uncompromising riffage that make these guys quite special, and I’m sure they should be pretty storming live.

Taking influence from bands such as Mötley Crüe, Guns N’ Roses, Keel, etc, Chief (Vocals/Guitar), Tommy (Guitar), Mick (Bass) and Kidd (Drums) have shared the stage with with bands such as Black Stone Cherry, Skid Row, Udo Dirkschneider, etc, a proof of why WYLD RYDE is one of the most respected indie outfits around at the moment.

The songs on “Gasoline Alley” really well written and performed, and while production is better on some, considering the self-managed effort this is a well rounded albums.

And I gotta say it again: WYLD RYDE convinces with its attitude, authenticity and energy. As long as bands like WYLD RYDE still exists, real rock and roll will never die.

Highly recommended old-school ’80-type US metal hard rock.

Tracklist:

01 – Gasoline Alley
02 – Hold on Me
03 – Alone
04 – Six Gun Shooter
05 – Come & Go
06 – Don’t Say No
07 – Pushin’
08 – Fantasy
09 – Something to Hide
10 – City Streets

Chief – Lead Vocals & Guitar
Tommy Blitz – Lead Guitar & vocals
Mick Watkins – Bass Guitar & Vocals
Kidd Vicious – Drums

BUY
music.apple.com/us/artist/wyld-ryde/1391872681

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, martinsane said:

Well looky there. Nice share pal. Fun song with some obvious nods to Motley's Live Wire and Metallica's Jump in the Fire, but who cares I like the homage myself.

Glad you dig brutha!

Who's gonna be QB in Steel City 2022???

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Glad you dig brutha!

Who's gonna be QB in Steel City 2022???

Well Big Ben is done obviously and truth be told Rudolph and Haskins are NOT franchise guys, well mehbe Haskins if the wind blows right.

Truthfully don't have a clue but if wishes were horses I'd go all in with the oh so studly Gardner Minshew.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, martinsane said:

Well Big Ben is done obviously and truth be told Rudolph and Haskins are NOT franchise guys, well mehbe Haskins if the wind blows right.

Truthfully don't have a clue but if wishes were horses I'd go all in with the oh so studly Gardner Minshew.

What? No Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr??

On 1/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, AlphaMale said:

What? No Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr??

God let's hope not on either front. 

No offense or not much to Raiders fans, but Carr is not that great imo and Aaron, shrug, sure he is solid and would he be a stud in black n gold, sure, but I don't think he fits the bill with the Steeler way.

It will be a fun watch to see who gets the nod as it is already known that Rooney isn't smitten with Rudolph or Haskins as the #1. I bet he goes and gets a free agent, but who?

Tribisky? Watson? Hell big red Andy Dalton?

My money is they bring in a "veteran" that still has a couple 3-5 years left in the tank to take this current team to the big show.

Maybe DangeRuss? Sounds interesting. Give Seattle Haskins (more likely Rudolph and Dobbs) and JuJu, maybe even Joe Haden and a compensatory pick or 5>