Paul Shortino

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

If somebody told me at the beginning of the year that I'd buy 3 releases (or re-releases) that featured Paul Shortino I'd say that they were crazy.

Did anyone buy Rough Cutt III, Blue Dahlia  and Badd Boyz like I did ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Did anyone buy Rough Cutt III, Blue Dahlia  and Badd Boyz like I did ?

Me :drink:

I love his voice but the projects don't always interest me...the three you have mentioned that we both purchased all did hold an interest for me...and they are all quite good if im honest (although I already had Badd Boyz from the original cd release)

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 hours ago, lettard said:

Me :drink:

I love his voice but the projects don't always interest me...the three you have mentioned that we both purchased all did hold an interest for me...and they are all quite good if im honest (although I already had Badd Boyz from the original cd release)

I also enjoyed these releases .I think that  Rough Cutt is the best out of the 3 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I haven't bought any but I'm heavily considering Badd Boyz, I'm not the biggest Shortino fan but the samples I've heard from that one rock!  Based on samples, honestly Rough Cutt is probably the one I won't consider any time soon.  I don't like the sort of metallic effect on Shortino's voice in some songs if you get what I mean.  For the same reason I've avoided the Platinum Overdose albums where I think it's more noticeable.  I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else though so I'm not sure if I'm the only that gets bothered by it or maybe I'm just going insane

Yeah Badd Boyz is very good,would be my fav of the three...I really like the Platinum Overdose albums but I know where you're coming from,I also prefer their more melodic/glammy/sleazy side to the metal type stuff

I thought he was pretty good in Bio Dome, but Encino Man was gay