I'd like some opinions

I am working with some kid's right now, I kind of recruited some kid's from the local seen, and got them together to see what it would sound like, of course I did all of this after discovering a singer that blew my fucking mind, he's fucking 18 years old, and he was singing in kind of a blues based band, but I heard him on one of their songs, and this dude isn't meant to sing blues, this dude is born to sing melodic rock,  and it took me a minute to convince him to just come give it a try, so yesterday I got these guys together, only 2 of them knew each other, the rest are complete strangers, but they started jamming and all I could do was just sit and think what did I do? it cant be this easy, but we decided to cover a song, and they told me to pick the song, my mind was blank, this isn't something Ive ever even thought about, and im not generally a fan of covers, but I got home last night, and just hit shuffle on my laptop, just to see if anything stuck out as something I could give them, maybe a song that doesn't rock, but you hear that if performed right, could easily rock, then the Del Shannon song Runaway came on, and I thought, this is it, a good band could kill this song, it would absolutely rock, I meet with them Tuesday, what do you guys think of this, and do you have any suggestions if not this? please only 1 suggestion if you have one, im not trying to get so rattled I become overwhelmed, I'll hurry and find the link to this song, though im sure everyone of you know it, just in case, thanks metal brethren.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

I am working with some kid's right now

Firstly, should the authorities be notified about this?

Secondly, the original Runaway is one of my all time favourite tracks. This is a great cover I think you'll appreciate. 

As for suggestions, I'll have to think about it.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

I think it's a good song to cover.
Easy just to update and rock up a bit.
But I'd go further and change the tempo a little, with a significant heavy drum as the stand out sound, a constant flowing picking guitar throughout and some vocal harmonies on the chorus. Maybe gang type vocals.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Firstly, should the authorities be notified about this?

Yes. Definitely. 

• Like 1