Sapphire Eyes - Magic Moments

Stefan

89825670_1635969206545984_33433194822809

Press release from Pride & Joy Music:

We welcome Swedish Melodic Rock band SAPPHIRE EYES to the Pride & Joy Music family! The band’s new album ”Magic Moments” will be released on May 15th, 2020!

SAPPHIRE EYES started in 2011 when Niclas Olsson (ALYSON AVENUE, SECOND HEAT) decided to put together a record (”Sapphire Eyes”) alongside friends he had made in the music business. The first album was handled more as a project than as a band with various performers/singers.

After the debut was released, thoughts started to brew about making SAPPHIRE EYES a band with regular members and in time for album number two, the critically acclaimed ”Breath Of Ages” was put together. The group is all Swedish but when Niclas searched for a vocalist, he approached to Finnish vocalist Kimmo Blom (URBAN TALE, LEVERAGE) and immediately, it felt like a perfect match!

”Breath Of Ages” was released in 2018 and grounded the Scandinavians as performers of classic Melodic Rock/AOR. Airy keyboards and great hooks & melodies oozed from the record and a few concerts really got the group together even tighter towards becoming an act on the music scene to really take note of.

Now, SAPPHIRE EYES will release their third album called ”Magic Moments”. The band tries to reconnect to the simpler times full of passion and possibilities when growing up. Still, the melodies are foremost important and the emotions delivered are meant to make you feel like anything is possible in life!

Line-up: Kimmo Blom – vocals (LEVERAGE, URBAN TALE); Niclas Olsson – keyboards (ALYSON AVENUE, SECOND HEAT); Emil Knabe – guitars (ACACIA); Patrik Svärd – guitars (CLOUDSCAPE); Christer Engholm – bass (ALYSON AVENUE, ACACIA); Fredrik Eriksson – drums (DAWN OF OBLIVION, ALYSON AVENUE)

89912406_1635969106545994_71585421482482

Track list:

1. Still Alive

2. Don’t Walk Away

3. I Never Meant To Hurt You

4. Magic Moment

5. Do you Think About Us

6. Just Leave Me

7. Bring Back The Night (guest lead chorus Anette Olzon)

8. As The Days Go by

9. Cutting Like A Knife

10. Only The Night

11. All I Need Is To Hold You

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Such a good 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, zacharyamelie said:

Pure ear candy. Nothing new or original but still an excellent release. 

Backed, 100%. I don't remember being too into their second album, but I think their debut was a shock favourite of mine in the year of it's release. As you say, nothing at all original or ground-breaking, but just done so well. 

Only issue I have with the album is that it's one of those albums. Sounds fine when you're listening to it but when the next album comes on in your playlist, or you play this after the previous album... sounds like it's recorded on a tape recorder. Such a weak recording, by comparison. But on it's own it's okay... for AOR. Would love some more meat, though. 

Because, what is going to annoy me in 2020 is people are going to fall over themselves praising GOK, which is a far weaker album song-wise, than this... but production-wise, it sounds 100% better. Stuff like that irritates me. Would love for these songs to be used by GOK, lol. 

Anyway, really nice album. I really like every song except the closing ballad. Not a bad song, just unnecessary. 'Do You Think About Us,' 'Don't walk away' and 'Cutting Like a Knife' are my choice cuts.  

this is sooooo unexciting though. jeez just by the numbers . 30 years ago I would have been all over this - now it just bores me senseless 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

this is sooooo unexciting though. jeez just by the numbers . 30 years ago I would have been all over this - now it just bores me senseless 

Didn't I just see you show anticipation for the new Lionville release, though? They're still re-recording the same song from their debut!! Haha. I like Lionville, but they're as one dimensional and samey as any band ever. WOA even turned into them on that last album. 

It is what it is - it happens. Some bands do something good and stick with it and either it works or doesn't. No one's going to argue with you that this is by the numbers and I totally get being bored by something so obvious, BUT! Sometimes it's done so well you just have to applaud. These guys dropped the ball with the second album, but for me they've fully redeemed themselves with this one. Just really, really nice.  

Safe as all balls, predictable, samey... it is all those things. But it's also very good, imo.