Jason Bieler (Saigon Kick) - Songs For The Apocalypse

Stefan

30713732_910116392504435_902628682384382

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of Jason Bieler to the label for a brand new solo album. Currently in the works now, this upcoming album will see Bieler working with a diverse array of musical friends, a list of whom will be revealed at a later date. Stay tuned for some surprises on that front! In the meantime, Bieler has announced upcoming tour dates with label mate and lifelong friend Jeff Scott Soto, which have been selling out across the US. Dates can be seen on the tour flyer below.

When Bieler, aka Baron Von Bielski, was reached for comment about signing with Frontiers, he said "I’m fairly certain they mistakenly assumed they were signing Justin Bieber based on the blockbuster deal we signed…but it’s too late for them now as I'm already recording and spent an obscene amount of the budget on my Super PAC advocating that 'Lunch Is On The Way' be Subway’s new official theme song.”

When asked about the record Jason will only say that "it will NOT be my heaviest record yet, but it will feature a bunch of friends and musicians I love and respect. It should sound something like if Neurosis got stuck in a blizzard at a Wawa with SuperTramp, then Jellyfish showed up and they all decided to do Barry Manilow covers in the style of Meshuggah, but in waltz time with slight country underpinnings…yet accessible for the masses." Bieler then asked that Frontiers promptly get the hashtag#ChockFullOfBangers trending on Twitter.

Jason Bieler, is a singer, guitarist, songwriter and producer who is also known for playing with hard rock band Saigon Kick, who achieved a platinum single with the hit 'Love Is On The Way’ from their gold selling album "The Lizard," which Jason also produced. Bieler also played in an early touring version of Talisman with Marcel Jacob and Jeff Scott Soto, as well as Super TransAtlantic, with Extreme bassist Pat Badger, earning them a gold record for their work on the soundtrack for the American Pie movie. Recently, Bieler has been touring extensively as a solo artist. The shows feature a wide array of musical styles, absurdists humor, special guests, and more. He also runs, along with his brother, a successful record label, Bieler Bros. which has worked with Skindred, Will Haven, Nonpoint, Karnivool, SikTh, and many more.

facebook

Edited by Stefan

I'd be very surprised if this is actually any good at all, but probably worth a listen. I expect it to be a very eclectic mix of tunes. 

• 7 months later...

From Frontiers:

Jason Bieler is preparing to release his new solo album, “Songs For The Apocalypse,” under the moniker Jason Bieler and The Baron Von Bielski Orchestra, on January 22, 2021 on CD/LP/Digital. The album sees Bieler working with a diverse array of musical friends including Todd LaTorre (Queensrÿche), Dave Ellefson (Megadeth), Devin Townsend, Pat Badger (Extreme), Butch Walker (ex-Marvelous 3), Bumblefoot (Sons of Apollo), Clint Lowery (Sevendust), Benji Webbe (Skindred), Kyle Sanders (Hellyeah) and more. A full list of musical cohorts can be found below.

The first single and video, 'Apology' features Todd LaTorre (Queensrÿche) on drums, Kevin Scott on bass, and a guest guitar solo from Andee Blacksugar (KMFDM), with Bieler handling lead vocals and all other instruments.

Bieler is a singer, guitarist, songwriter and producer who is also known for playing with hard rock band SAIGON KICK, which achieved a platinum single in the US with the timeless hit "Love Is On The Way" from its gold-selling album "The Lizard", which Jason also produced. Bieler also played in an early touring version of TALISMAN with Marcel Jacob and Jeff Scott Soto, as well as SUPER TRANSATLANTIC, with EXTREME bassist Pat Badger, earning them a gold record for their work on the soundtrack for the "American Pie" movie. Recently, Bieler had been touring extensively as a solo artist. The shows featured a wide array of musical styles, absurdists humor, special guests, and more. He also runs, along with his brother, a successful record label, Bieler Bros., which has worked with SKINDRED, WILL HAVEN, NONPOINT, KARNIVOOL, SIKTH, and many more.

Tracklist:

1. Never Ending Circle

2. Apology

3. Bring Out Your Dead

4. Annalise

5. Stones Will Fly

6. Down In A Hole

7. Anthem For Losers

8. Horror Wobbles The Hippo

9. Beyond Hope

10. Crab Claw Dan

11. Born Of The Sun

12. Baby Driver

13. Alone In The World

14. Very Fine People

15. Fkswyso

Line-up:

All instruments and vocals by Jason Bieler unless listed otherwise below:

Apology Drums: Todd LaTorre Bass: Kevin Scott Solos: Andee Blacksugar

Bring Out Your Dead Drums: Edu Cominato Bass: David Ellefson Solo: Devin Townsend

Annalise: Bass: Kevin Scott

Stones Will Fly, My Only Hope: Drums: Ricky Sanders Bass: Pat Badger Solo and extra guitars: Butch Walker

Down In A Hole: Drums: Edu Cominato Bass: Kyle Sanders Extra Guitars: Stephen Gibb

Anthem For Losers Drums: Ricky Sanders Bass, Piano, Guitar Twanging: Clay Cook

Horror Wobbles The Hippo: Extra guitars solos and soundscapes: Emil Werstler

Beyond Hope Guest Vocals: Benji Webbe Drums: Ricky Sanders Bass: David Ellefson Solo: Bumblefoot

Born Of The Sun: Drums: Edu Cominato Bass: Kyle Sanders Solo: Clint Lowery

Alone In The World: Drums: Ricky Sanders Guest Vocals: Jeff Scott Soto

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Jason Bieler (Saigon Kick) - Songs For The Apocalypse

The song titles are scary for the new one...but I don’t mind much of his solo stuff. It’s not exactly Saigon Kick but that voice is still magical. 

just played the track...heavy like SK but not instant. But I’m still super happy with what I just heard. 

Edited by zacharyamelie

I’ve listened to the track about 5-6 times now and gets better and better with each spin. It’s SK melodic acid tripping bliss. The production is ace, the musicianship is fantastic, that solo sounds like Nuno...just awesome. My only complaint oddly enough is in the vocal delivery...I have a tough time making out all the lyrics....but that chorus is like glue in my brain. 

This is the best song Jason has delivered in 25 years...not since Devil In The Details have I enjoyed his music this much. 

I sure hope the rest of the release is just as good. I know many will hate it but real SK fans, (not the “Love Is On The Way” is my favourite track fans) will love this lead off single. 

• 1 month later...

I stayed up past midnight just to hear the new track “Bring Out Your Dead”....now I won’t be able to sleep as my adrenaline is peaking. Utter magic for fans of Saigon Kick. The production is insane as is the musicianship. Jason’s vocals on this track is instant eargasm. 
Being such a fanboy I can’t imagine this not being a top 3 for 2021 for me. 

10 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

I stayed up past midnight just to hear the new track “Bring Out Your Dead”....now I won’t be able to sleep as my adrenaline is peaking. Utter magic for fans of Saigon Kick. The production is insane as is the musicianship. Jason’s vocals on this track is instant eargasm. 
Being such a fanboy I can’t imagine this not being a top 3 for 2021 for me. 

Edited by Stefan

• 1 month later...