The New Roses - Nothing But Wild (2019)

mrbandwidth

• 3 weeks later...

No one's commented on this? Wow. That surprises me. Or is there a second thread? Good album right up a lot of people here's alley. It's not perfect, but stuff like 'Down by the river,' 'Bullet' and 'Running out of hearts' are pretty damn cool hard rock tunes. Good effort if you ask me. 

Gave this a listen today. And I think it's really really good. As mentioned above, the songs 'Down by the river' and 'The Bullet' are the highlights here. Will definitely be in my best songs of 2019. 

Edited by Ponen

5 hours ago, Ponen said:

Gave this a listen today. And I think it's really really good. As mentioned above, the songs 'Down by the river' and 'The Bullet' are the highlights here. Will definitely be in my best songs of 2019. 

Genuinely surprised there's not more interest in this album as it's not often anymore you get a straight up hard rocking band that actually release a pretty good album. When I heard the opening bars I thought it was going to be some mid-range AC/DC type throwaway thing... but it's a cool album with some good catchy stuff on it. 

• 1 month later...

Well for once I'm 100% with Geoff
I came accross this band on a Facebook thread from a friend who is a Mike Tramp die hard.
So based on that I gave a listen to two songs on YouTube - Down By The River and Thirsty.
Both fucking killer songs and this is a band that is righht up my alley.
So far remind me a little of The Poor and also I hear a little Bruce Springsteen blended in.

Imma get all their stuff and really enjoy listening to this.
Haven't been this excited about a new band (for me) for a long time.

As Geoff said, there is a bit of ACDC in there, but ACDC don't generally have many hooks or melodies, which is why I'm NARF of them, these guys do :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After a few spins I’m thinking it’s a blend of The Defiants and Dark Horse without Paul Laine singing.