Fucking Importmusicwarehouse/CD Inzane/whatever scammers!

heavyharmonies

File under "Dan, you only have yourself to blame for ever ordering from these assholes again".

Yep, fool me once... after the bullshit years ago with Zane and everyone warning not to do business with them, I fell for it because they (supposedly) had something I wanted. Fuckers.

I was looking for the Lacuna Coil box set, and they were the only domestic U.S. source I could find that SUPPOSEDLY had them in stock, and at a not inzane price too, $72.99. So I placed an order on July 9 for that and two 5-CD sets, Therion and Angra.

July 23, I still hadn't received any notification that my order had shipped, so I emailed them:

Checking on status of this order, paid 2 weeks ago. Thank you. -Dan

July 24, I get a reply:

Hi,

We are an international company.  Part of your order is in Minneapolis and part is in transit from our Berlin branch.

We'll make sure your order ships immediately beings it sounds like you need this in a hurry.  Any portion that may not ship we'll supply a refund.

Thanks for contacting us.  All orders are secure with us.

In retrospect, the wording of that should have set off alarm bells. I immediately reply:

No worries and no hurry. I just hadn't heard anything in 2 weeks, so I wasn't sure if part of the order was backordered or not. Thank you, -Dan

That same day I get two emails, one saying my order had been processed, and the other saying my order had been completed.

I receive the package, and it feels awfully light. It only had the two 5-CD sets in it. No Lacuna Coil box. Nothing in the box saying backorder or anything, no email communication about the box set. I figure that it might be coming separately so I give it time...

Yesterday I got tired of waiting so I email an inquiry:

I received only 2 of the 3 items in my order. Still missing the Lacuna Coil box set. -Dan

Today I get a reply:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, like we mentioned on July 24th below, we are an international company and transit times between warehouses takes us a little longer for some items, but we have all the rarities so people usually don't mind waiting.

The Lacuna Coil set was still in transit so we've refunded you.  We have 9 coming.  Please reorder IF you would like one of these in the future.  We always offer FREE SHIPPING, even on 1 items so we have hundreds of thousands of customer keeping us busy.  We'd like to serve you again in the future...

Well, that's complete bullshit, both what they did and the claim of hundreds of thousands of customers. But ok, I go to the website immediately... no Lacuna Coil box set on the website. I email:

Well I do want the box set, but it's no longer available on the website to reorder. Will you honor the same price I originally ordered it at?

Thank you.

-Dan

I get a reply this evening:

Hi Dan,

All 9 sets sold this afternoon at 1pm.  When we get more in, we'll put them back in our catalog.  Depending on the price we have to pay to bring these in dictates what we can sell them for.  I see we'll have 1 set coming in on September 9th from Austria.  That one wholesale cost us $185.00.  The price will probably be about $230-$250 once shipping is added on.  We'll place it in our catalog once tracking is confirmed...

Fucking liars. It never was on the website (I doubt they ever had 9 units come in), and they expect me to pay three times what I originally ordered it for? I believe that they saw the lack of availability elsewhere and simply didn't want to honor the price I bought it at so they could jack it up.

My final reply:

You canceled my order only days before supposedly getting restocked, without my asking for the order to be canceled, just inquiring where it was, and now you say you magically got 9 units in without it ever appearing on the website, and that if you get one will cost me THREE TIMES what I had it ordered for?

That's fucking bullshit. You're a bunch of scammers. You just didn't want to honor the price I ordered it for.

Delete my account. I never want to order from you assholes again.

Warning to everyone: Don't be an idiot like me and ever order from these scammers. Fuck 'em in the ear.

-Dan

• My Little Pony

Fuck them in the ear? Just like where Geoff likes it? Wait... is Geoff an asshole, too? My whole world has been rocked. 

• 4 weeks later...

After lamenting not being able to get the Lacuna Coil boxed set for $72.99 from these assholes, one showed up last week on eBay with a $40 Buy-It-Now.

Just arrived today... gem mint condition with individually numbered insert still included.

Sometimes karma comes full circle.

• Like 1