Outlasted - Waiting For Daybreak

Stefan

outlasted-waitingfordaybreak.jpg

Press release melodicrock.com:

It is time at least for MelodicRock Records to announce the return of OUTLASTED with their second album 'Waiting For Daybreak', set for release worldwide July 26.

Preorders with bonus audio delivery available this week. The CD release will feature 2 extra tracks over the digital release.

“The new album ‘Waiting For Daybreak’ was recorded over a two year period starting right after the release of the debut. We had six songs written and demoed when ‘Into The Night’ was released. We had a clear vision of what we wanted the next album to sound like” says producer and guitarist Terje Fløyli.

The album is once again mixed by Ronny Wikmark at Touchdown Studio in Trondheim, Norway. The artwork is designed by Nello Dell’Omo at Art For Music in Naples, Italy and mastering is done by JK Northrup at Alien Productions Music Studio, California USA.

“The new album is a natural progression from the debut and showcases a more mature approach to the songwriting process. The first one was written over a ten year period and the lyrics were mostly about love and break ups. The songs on the new album is more uplifting and inspirational.” says keyboardist Odd-Børge.

On ‘Waiting For Daybreak’ Glenn Wikran also contributed to the songwriting. “I’m very pleased with the songs on the new album. The first one was written by Terje and Odd-Børge so I was very happy to take part in writing this one. I think we have all evolved and grown over the last few years, something you can hopefully hear in the music.” adds Glenn.

Outlasted had a lineup change in the fall of 2018. Andreas Jentoft replaced Rune Pedersen on drums and Lasse Ingebrigtsen replaced Aleksander Schjølberg on bass. Glenn Wikran (vocals), Odd-Børge Hansen (keys) and Terje Fløyli (guitars) remain from the original lineup.

One of the new breed of Scandinavian rock bands, Outlasted picks up the mantle of classic rock and wears it with distinction. A five-piece band based in Norway, Outlasted fuses the sound of the golden age of recording with the compelling songwriting of classic rock and brings both into the future with modern production techniques and stellar musicianship.

Edited by Stefan

Great neighbours. ; )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Many people give this one a go? As per almost every other release this year, it's not great. But there are a few keepers on this one, of a pretty good standard. 'All because of you,' 'She's the one' and 'Owner of my heart' are all pretty fine tunes. Sadly, it's kind of like the Saints of Sin album - great sound and production, but the songs generally fall flat. I do like the aforementioned three, though.