Fear Not- For The Wounded Heart

Jacob M.

For The Wounded Heart

I finally got around to buying the re-mastered Fear Not s/t. I stumbled onto the fact they had recently released a new EP. So I bought that too. I certainly didn't expect to see a new Fear Not CD. I don't think anybody did. Listening to it now. So far it's pretty... bleh. Should have known that was a bad sign when they brought in a new vocalist who, "helps take this new EP to a whole new level with his metal vocal styling."

• 2 weeks later...

If Larry Worley wasn't available, I could (kinda-sorta) understand bringing in a new singer, but from what I've read, Worley provided background vocals for the EP. If that's correct, then I'm not sure why they wouldn't just use him for lead vocals. The EP isn't horrible--the ballad "Carry Me" is excellent--but given the modernized hard rock sound and the lack of Worley singing, it doesn't sound much like Fear Not from the days of old. Then again, it's been 25 years...

46 minutes ago, phaffas said:

Did not know about this! And i wish i still had not!

Sounds like it could be as bad as the new The Brave from a few years back..

It's perfectly serviceable Christian hard rock ... but it ain't Fear Not. That said, it's significantly better than the resurrected The Brave atrocity.

Did I know The Brave tried again? I'd be interested to hear that and this, out of pure curiosity. 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

Did I know The Brave tried again? I'd be interested to hear that and this, out of pure curiosity. 

Yeah ... with a female vocalist. (Not that there's anything wrong with that ... but it ain't The Brave.)

11 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Yeah ... with a female vocalist. (Not that there's anything wrong with that ... but it ain't The Brave.)

Oh lol, that's awesome. I definitely missed the news on that one too. What a joke. :(