Paul Gilbert - Stone Pushing Uphill Man

edwithmj

To this day I only like one single song from a Paul Gilbert solo album, and as far as I understand it's an Enuff Z' Nuff leftover... but it's damn nice;

That said, I expect the new album to be awful. :(

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

To this day I only like one single song from a Paul Gilbert solo album, and as far as I understand it's an Enuff Z' Nuff leftover... but it's damn nice;

That said, I expect the new album to be awful. :(

Wow..very nice... listening to it for the first time. I never bothered about his solo albums. Heard a couple of his songs and they were bad. His Spice Girls' cover of 2 become 1 was the only song I kinda liked.

2 minutes ago, Ponen said:

Wow..very nice... listening to it for the first time. I never bothered about his solo albums. Heard a couple of his songs and they were bad. His Spice Girls' cover of 2 become 1 was the only song I kinda liked.

Yeah, I won't say I've heard them all as I gave up a while back, but I heard a lot for a long time, as my good friend is a guitarist and diehard fan. But it was all rubbish, apart from this one song, imo. ;)

21 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

The album he did with Freddie Nelson, United States, was really good.

Just heard a couple of samples... songs sound okay but what's with the guy trying to be Freddie Mercury, or the twat from the Darkness? Haha, no, he's definitely not that bad. Definitely more Freddie Mercury... but who is he? An impersonator or something? I'm kind of tempted to check this album out. 

I don't know. I think he's kind of a no-one but is fairly highly regarded because he has a 4 octave voice or something.

When I posted that comment I wondered what happened to Freddie Nelson, and found that he released a solo album last year.
Heard it a couple of times and it's also pretty good so far.

If you're going to listen to anything off United States, I'd recommend
Paris Hilton Look-Alike
Waste Of Time
Girl From Omaha
I'm Not Addicted

12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I don't know. I think he's kind of a no-one but is fairly highly regarded because he has a 4 octave voice or something.

When I posted that comment I wondered what happened to Freddie Nelson, and found that he released a solo album last year.
Heard it a couple of times and it's also pretty good so far.

If you're going to listen to anything off United States, I'd recommend
Paris Hilton Look-Alike
Waste Of Time
Girl From Omaha
I'm Not Addicted

Cool, I'll try to check it out. I heard 'Waste of time' which sounded pretty cool.