Mad Margritt - Love, Hate And Deception (2016)

AlphaMale

MAD MARGRITT - Love, Hate And Deception (2016)

MAD%2BMARGRITT%2B-%2BLove%252C%2BHate%2B

"Love, Hate And Deception" is the new album by hard rockers MAD MARGRITT, their 4th studio release on Perris Records.

Always fronted by vocalist, guitarist and composer Eddie Smith, the rest of personnel has changed since Mad Margritt's last effort (featured on this blog) but their classic musical approach to the genre remain intact.

For these Atlanta, Georgia hard rockers Mad Margritt their clockwork seems to have been hit by a lightning someday in the late '80s, as since the band formed almost three decades ago never changed their style inspired by the Sunset Strip glory days.

Although the group still proudly waves the hair metal flag in 2016, this new record has a heavier feel / sound to it than their previous recordings, modernized but always catchy and melodic.

There's only 9 tracks on "Love, Hate And Deception", but all are strong and avoid the filler syndrome.

Among my favorite cuts there's the pumping rocker 'Never Enough', 'Take Your Best Shot', the kick ass 'Liar' and midtempo 'It's Time I Told You Goodbye'.

Also we have a pretty killer power ballad in 'I'm Over You', still intense in its delivery.

MAD%2BMARGRITT%2B-%2BLove%252C%2BHate%2B

If you're a late '80s American hard rock fan you'll love "Love, Hate And Deception". Mad Margritt is more than just a bunch of guys trying to capitalize on nostalgia for nostalgia's sake; it's genuinely well-written music influenced by the glory days of the genre but with a modern, updated sound.

Eddie Smith’s vocals remain sharp, and the guitar playing is standing tall on this new recording driving the proceedings still managing the melodic sound that will keep fans of the genre happy.

Strongly Recommended

01 - Liar
02 - The One You Love To Hate
03 - Take Your Best Shot
04 - Broken
05 - Never Enough
06 - I'm Over You
07 - Into The Light
08 - It's Time I Told You Goodbye
09 - Bad Obsession

Eddie Smith - Vocals, Guitar
Mark Cook - Guitar
Matt Aebi - Bass
Tod Williford - Drums

Pre Order:

perrisrecords.com/new_releases/mad_margritt___love_hate_and_deception/

Jeez this guys just keeps on going. Good luck to him. It's usually a pretty solid album from these guys (this guy). That song is okay... not great.

(shrugs) Meh...not bad but nothing I'd spend $$ on either.

• 3 years later...

I love this cd! I find it very relatable . 

To me this cd is one of my favorites since they have evolved their sound from the 80s era to today's sound.  I think if given the chance  on mainstream radio and given proper support thru shows, they will prove to be a very relatable  band.  I like their Brand. 

The resurrection of this thread made me go to youtube to quickly listen to one of my all-time favourite cover songs and incidentally, my favourite Mad Margritt recording. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

The resurrection of this thread made me go to youtube to quickly listen to one of my all-time favourite cover songs and incidentally, my favourite Mad Margritt recording. 

Killer!