Jessica Wolff - Grounded

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

She's absolutely awesome as a person as well as a talent, I conversed with her over facebook for some time, this is how I discovered that debut album never saw the light of day in the states, it to this day has never seen an american release, which is a fucking shame, cause there is plenty of space for her kind of rock here, I'd even go as far as say a label put some push behind it, she could enter the mainstream, anyways, she hooked me up with the disc, a bunch of promo shit, a rare demo 4 track, and just some other shit, I wouldve been cool with a pair of panties, but im not gonna bitch, she is a good person, and I really think she's something of a talent, and she can always fall back on the fact she's but ugly if all else fails right?

Her first album 'Renegade' was excellent and received an honourable mention in my end of year list of 2013. Will definitely be checking this one out and hope it is as good as her debut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Finally!

From her website:

My new album is finally about to be released the 17th of November!

This journey has been quite a roller coaster, and right now I´m doing the happy dance at the top. But it wasn´t an easy ride to get here. Let me rewind a bit and bring you back on the memorylane. 

After releasing my album in Japan, the plan was to release it in India and find a label in Europe.
We tried to combine the release with concerts in India and had a lot of maybies that eventually never happened. India is beautiful in many ways, but the paper work is a bit pain in the a**!

After being high on hopes and down on disappointments several times, the band eventually went on a break. 
It did break my heart and drove me nuts having my album on the shelf without having it released anywhere else than Japan.  

Being in a long distance relationship and not having anything holding me in Finland anymore I decided to move to the Dominican Republic, freedive, sing in bars on the beach and work as a Personal Trainer. 

Right after the decision was made I got contacted by a film festival in Los Angeles. They had seen me in a short film Eliza, and wanted me to go to LA to sing and do a sword performance, as well as host a Wellness seminar. 

Boom! The tied turned and all of a sudden you can see the city from the roller coaster again. 
I started preparing, said bye to everyone, gave away my big Boa Constrictor and packed 2 bags.
One for Los Angeles and one for the Dominican Republic where I was supposed to go straight after. 

The festival went well and met a bunch of weirdos and awesome people during my stay.
Still, out of a couple of 200, I only found a few I could trust. One of them was a producer, who invited me to do a small roll in his film. He also ended up making a music video for one of my songs on the album. We basically just went out in the desert one day with out a script and started filming. One of the best memories from LA! 

During my trip I started getting second thoughts about moving to the Dominican Republic. I wanted to save my relationship and live close to the sea and nature, but at the same time it felt like I wasn´t done with my music and acting career. 

Before I even reached a conclusion my relationship ended like a crash in the wall. Instead of flying to the Caribbean I flew home with the tale between my legs wondering if I was a fish or a bird. I´m not gonna lie, that was the dark tunnel of the roller coaster. 

I stopped working with my manager abroad and was left with everything in my own hands. While trying to figure out my next step I kick-boxed a lot, got my snake back and started working as a personal trainer. 

Like my Kung-Fu master always tell me when I do jump kicks “you have to go down in order to jump high”. It´s the law of nature, and so I did. 

Before I knew it an Australian director, I met in LA, invited me to the film festival in Cannes.
Off I went and surprise surprise, he was very well connected in the music industry in Europe. He connected me to his friend who works for a label in Germany. During the trip I got to know both of them well, and they decided that one way or another we´re gonna get my album released!
Having people like that around you, who truly want to help you, is worth gold and diamonds, especially in this industry! 

A couple of months later I flew to Croatia to make a music video, met up with the same guys again and before going home it was decided that my album would be release worldwide through Metalapolis.

I had to hold on to the chair not to jump up on the table when I heard the news. Now I´m gonna stop the roller coaster for a good while and enjoy the city view from the top!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...