Pyogenesis - A Century In The Curse Of Time

Dead Planet

I've been a fan since Twinaleblood back in 1995.

They went back to a more metal sound after dipping heavily into the Punk/Power Pop sound.

I do admit I like it as well, nice return to form in a sense.

• 1 month later...

I've had this one for over a month and with time this one has grown to be my favourite release of 2015.

It's heavy, doom, melodic, experimental and down right epic. The sound, look and theme of the release is super cool, very steam punk themed. The music is fantastic, the playing is top notch, the lyrics are strangely all about the industrial revolution (sort of a concept album). It also easily has one of the best drum sounds I've heard on an album in quite awhile. Flo V. Schwarz the man behind the project was a genius on this one.

It's not for everyone and not easy to digest in one sitting, but it's a grower and a grower in the good sense.

I may get growled at for saying this, but it's the Dark Side Of Moon for 2015.

I'd love to able to accurately describe the music and be able to compare it to other bands but I really can't...I guess I could say I hear some Type O Negative in there. Everything about them is unique and different.

Listen to the sample videos provided in the link above. They are a good indication of what is on the album.

The theme of the lyrics and look of the videos and artwork is very steam punk looking. Very 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

The title, most probably, is a reference to the centennial of General Relativity.

Undecided on the music, they progressed clearly as musicians, and the mix bag of theirs sometimes works(great toons!), sometimes not.