The Last Vegas - Sweet Salvation

PeterS

Loved their last album. Looking forward to this one.

Just appeared on Deezer so giving it a go now. So far doesn't seem as aggressive as the last album but I'll give it a few spins before saying too much.

Can't make my mind up.

First few listens I was wondering what's going on. At times a Jane's addition feel to a few songs, not a bad thing but not what this band was about. But then some of them have really started to grow on me.

Lucky 13 a more standard sleaze rock song of quality.

Then Miss You a catchy ditty.

There are good songs in there. I suspect my attention will wander off to something else shortly though. I'd say it's worth a spin or two though.

Anybody else heard it yet?

I h

Can't make my mind up.

First few listens I was wondering what's going on. At times a Jane's addition feel to a few songs, not a bad thing but not what this band was about. But then some of them have really started to grow on me.

Lucky 13 a more standard sleaze rock song of quality.

Then Miss You a catchy ditty.

There are good songs in there. I suspect my attention will wander off to something else shortly though. I'd say it's worth a spin or two though.

Anybody else heard it yet?

I have and the Jane's Addiction comparisons are spot on. I want the band that did "Whatever Gets You Off" back. The new sound is a sound I don't dig.

So overall, a weak album ?

There are moments when it sounds pretty good but a lot of the songs stray into that Nu Metal/Jane's Addiction territory. I just have never liked that sound. Especially the vocals. Quite a disappointing turn for a very promising band.

I kind of like half the tracks. It's certainly grown on me.

Part of the problem is they launch the album with a song that's completely different in sound to their previous stuff. Get further on and there are some tracks more of what i'd expect from them.

I'm only on my first spin but I guess it's disappointing. 'Lucky 13' is the best track here, feels a bit like old MOTLEY, I can also appreciate 'Invicible Summer', but the rest are weak, probably around 5 to 6.

First rating thrown is 62% and I guess I'll keep it that way.

I'm only on my first spin but I guess it's disappointing. 'Lucky 13' is the best track here, feels a bit like old MOTLEY, I can also appreciate 'Invicible Summer', but the rest are weak, probably around 5 to 6. First rating thrown is 62% and I guess I'll keep it that way.

I gave it a 65%. Pretty close again Nightrain!

Yeah can't believe this is the same artist who record 'Whatever Gets You Off' in 2009

because i recall that disc is kinda huge and probably worth around maybe 83%, such a big gap with this one.

Last disc also not bad but worse than 2009 though

• 9 months later...