Reissuing reissues

Jacob M.

The trend seems to be growing. Kidd Blue was originally on Metal Mayhem and now appear on FnA. Pair A Dice is/was on Retrospect and now Demon Doll. Of course you can't forget about Alleycat Scratch, the worst offender of them all. They were on Regeneration, now FnA and Demon Doll, and at one time appeared to be connected to Suncity as well.

Alleycat Scratch is obvious overkill, but I don't mind the others. Most reissues are limited releases. If you don't jump on it immediately it's usually gone forever. I have missed out on my titles. Personally I would like to see someone reissue Suncity's catalog. They were too expensive then and even more so now. I would like to get the Blue Tears discs, Cruella D'Ville, and several others.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I know what you mean....it's mind boggling the number of reissues out there....some of the bigger classic rock bands putting out reissues every few years plus these smaller labels getting in on it as well. Not to mention the japanese paper sleeve reissues etc. Rock Candy is the best reissue label out there IMO. BGO Records has some nice 2 on 1 sets as well.

Yeah I know what you mean....it's mind boggling the number of reissues out there....some of the bigger classic rock bands putting out reissues every few years plus these smaller labels getting in on it as well. Not to mention the japanese paper sleeve reissues etc. Rock Candy is the best reissue label out there IMO. BGO Records has some nice 2 on 1 sets as well.

I agree, Rock Candy's package is very well done and satisfying

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...