Bai Bang - All Around The World

Stefan

321584_10151370854880785_1233517958_n.jpg

Bai Bang's new release 'All Around The World' out now through AOR Heaven.

194433.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Everybody Everywhere

2. Gonna make it

3. Crazy

4. Bai Bang

5. How about now

6. Raise your hands

7. Summertime

8. Now you´re gone

9. All around the world

10. Get it on

• 2 weeks later...

Sonically, it's way better and there are some belting tunes on it, 'All Around the World' is especially excellent, but overall I would say 'Livin' My Dream' is slightly the better of the 2. A good album non the less.

I agree with Jez. The sound production is way better but songwise, there are better songs in the prior album, however both shares similar style, and one could complement each other very well, but there's a risk that the new album might sound too samey for some if compared to the previous album. If you haven't buy their last album, I'll also recommend to go straightly to that one first, but if production is an important issue, then 'All Around The World' is a better pick.

Stronger tunes here are 'Everybody Everywhere', the mid-paced ballad 'How About Now?', the uptempo 'Raise Your Hands' is the best track here, 'Summertime' and the title track are also nice, and perhaps the last track, 'Get It On', is the weakest of em all. I'll give this one exactly the same score as the last album, and probably will buy this one later if the price is cheap.

80%

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I love this one. Taken for what it is, I just love spinning this, and I keep reaching for it. If you want a CD of 10 blatant rock anthems... no consideration for a good lyric or meaningful songs... just simple anthems... well, this is it.

It's basic, but very enjoyable and really catchy stuff. I agree with the above that the CD is definitely featuring a better production job this time around. It's still not perfect and pales in comparison in a year where I have never heard so many amazingly produced CDs, But it's good, and thankfully a huge improvement.

What has not been improved are the lead vocals. They are a massive weak link, but it's the kind of CD where you don't really care. All you're waiting for is the next huge anthemic chorus to jump out the speakers to sing along to. I also think the last album probably had the better songs, but this ain't far off at all, and as noted, is easier on the ears.

If you want simple anthemic rock tunes, I highly recommend this. Hard to pick a favourite track too. The first two, 'Raise your hands' and 'Now you're gone' would be my faves, with the rest chomping at their heels.

I threw an 81% at it too.