Go Do Your Metal Duty

This poll is about closed, so If your going to vote (for Pantera)then you can hurry and go do it, I loved Vulgar, I loved Master, truly they are both elite albums, but I just thought Vulgar was a completely new sound, full of hate, and angst, it was mandatory listening on the bus to help me get myself worked up on the way to an away baseball/football game, well that and Machinehead - Burn My Eyes, I just love it, many dont, especially many that heard or listened to Pantera Pre-CFH, but go cast your vote.

http://loudwire.com/...-quarterfinals/

Mate, I did enjoy 'Vulgar...', especially 'Walk' and 'By Demons Be Driven', which are both fantastic tunes, but for me 'Master of Puppets' is one of the finest metal albums ever made. I don't like Metallica much, but that album is pretty close to perfection. Have to vote for that one.

Pantera are okay, until that idiot Anselmo opens his mouth ... nope, never got 'em, don't see the appeal ... so it'd be Master Of Puppets that gets my vote ...

Pantera are okay, until that idiot Anselmo opens his mouth ... nope, never got 'em, don't see the appeal ... so it'd be Master Of Puppets that gets my vote ...

Vulgar > Master

Man, until Anslemo opens his mouth??? really bro? are you really serious? so is this the Metallica (who put out Master Of Puppets\Baiters) is this the same band that brought to you 10 top 40 hits from 1992 to 2010??? same band? is this the same Metallica who came out with Snoop Doggy Dogg at the Annual Mtv Music Viewers Choice Awards?? is this the same Metallica, the ones you just voted for Gibbo, this the same Metallica who walked out in their finest Versuci slacks and Ianna flex sports coats(sure I didnt spell it right) across the stage to be met halfway by the absolute and ultimate metal queen Avril Lavigne and jumped and hugged in mid air as an entrance to that canadian music awards show?? and is this Metallica the same band whom possess a tiny little spoiled rich fuck drummer, who is really a tennis player and pole(black)vaulter, and went on a witch hunt to open all avenues of legal pursuit in order to track down ??(lets say Johnny) the 14 year old italian\dutch kid sitting in his mom and dads basement in suburban New Jersey, downloading To Live Is To Die, on a school night, and slapping him with a $500,000 lawsuit per Metallica song found on his computer, and making him work a deal to set his friends from school up by getting each one of them to download a Metallica song, and launching a full on raid on their house after it was done???? and is this the Metallica who have that little dwarf cock taker drummer who found out the US Military was using gigantic loudspeaker monitors set up outside houses, huts, and caves in Iraq and Afghanistan, blaring Metallica's music to eventually lure a terrorist held up in the said house, hut, or cave into eventually surrendering, this is the dickless little drummer from Metallica who found out of such Military tactics, and instead of being proud(cause he's really a Danish Colon Kisser) he instead ordered the military to hault using any Metallica material for this scenario, and instead to use the band Venom or something?

...and is this the same Metallica whom that peasant poverty ridden band Venom reluctantly opened a spot on their world tour and took Metallica on tour with them?? and is this the same Metallica who that band Venoms leader

CRONOS, has said,

"it's almost impossible to be able to hang out among musicians whom have psychologically and intelligently convinced, and tricked themselves into believing that they are a part of a scene that is not about being noticed and gaining stardom for what you do and the music you play, but your life is the scene you are in, and the music you are performing, and life writes your image, Metallica seem to have fooled everyone of us, they are not only masterful technicians musically, but they are far more brilliant actors then they are anything, nobody from Kerry King, to probably the late Cliff Burton were ever aware of the true deception that not only lay withing the members of that band, Metallica, but the pure fabrication of the entire thing that we all know as Metallica, it was top notch acting portraited by 5 star sociopaths, and when it's all said and done, if metal polices itself as it's said it does, Metallica will go down in history as legends, and not legends for what they would like to be remembered for, but as legends of one of the most elaborate and complexed hoaxes ever unrolled and shot across the face of the history of metal, the most incredibally gifted and talented set of fakes and frauds who ever put their material to wax"

Do I need to go on, scour the internet, I know Kerry King has gone on hate filled rants on this, and this is the Metallica you vote for, just because Phil is larger then life, and was the missing link to open a band that could only happen one time ever, Phil has more metal in his morning shit, then Metallica can even comprehend the actual meaning of, so because a group of phonies, got together and decided to write an album that they thought would be relevant to the time they were pretending to be a part of, and it happened to turn out alright, you would vote it over an album that brought not only some of the most infectious devastating, funky, unheard of, sinister, and innovative band chemistry transformed into music with some of the most wicked guitar hooks, and riffs ever performed in metal? with absolute brilliant hate filltering mind bending lyrics set to it??

Sorry bro, you see Phil as something he is not, and Metallica as something they really never were, you should take a closer look into Phil and figure out your hatred towards him, it aint cause he was bad at what he did, and it aint cause he wasnt metal, Phil was, is, and will be forever the epitome of TRUE METAL!! and you can like him or hate him, but I have yet to hear any of Phils songs placed nicely on the radio in a block between Pearl Jam and My Chemical Romance, Phil is Metal, Vulgar is a true metal album, by actual metal musicians, not a pop shot into a sea of thrash maybes, hoping to get lucky! but thats just what I read, Ive actually never really heard Vulgar, I have Master on tape and cd, I got it the day I bought Limp Bizkit and Korns debut cd's, I think Master is the best debut out of those 3 debuts, and I would absolutely vote for it, so sign me up, MASTER OF PUPPETS IT IS!!

Cody - I agree about Metallica; as human beings I despise Hetfield and Ulrich; I find them utterly odious and obnoxious. However, they did something amazing years ago, which was 'Master of Puppets'. For me, it's one of the finest metal albums ever produced. I have no time for the band these days, but 'Master' is fantastic imo.

Ooh, I appear to have touched a nerve ...

Yes, I like 'Master Of Puppets', and play it regularly ... funnily enough, that doesn't mean that I'm about to invite Messrs Ulrich and Hetfield over for afternoon tea.

No, Leykis, I DON'T think that the Metallica of 1986 are tha same band that we see today worshipping the almighty dollar and putting out any old crap ... I wouldn't cross the road to buy any of their discs these days ... but that doesn't change the fact that 'Master ...' is an absolute killer of an album for me ...

I don't like Pantera. Sue me. I've listened to both 'Vulgar ...' and 'Cowboys ...', and I don't like either album ... lest we forget, this is MY opinion ... I know that there are thousands of people out there who disagree with me, and all power to them ... equally, I know that there are thousands of people out there who don't like many of the bands that I think are fantastic ... and all power to THEM, too.

You hear something I don't, Leykis ... good for you, mate ...

No I was in favor of Master Of Puppets, I guess you misunderstood what I was saying, my bad.

Yes, I like 'Master Of Puppets', and play it regularly ... funnily enough, that doesn't mean that I'm about to invite Messrs Ulrich and Hetfield over for afternoon tea.

No, Leykis, I DON'T think that the Metallica of 1986 are tha same band that we see today worshipping the almighty dollar and putting out any old crap ... I wouldn't cross the road to buy any of their discs these days ... but that doesn't change the fact that 'Master ...' is an absolute killer of an album for me ...

I don't like Pantera. Sue me. I've listened to both 'Vulgar ...' and 'Cowboys ...', and I don't like either album ... lest we forget, this is MY opinion ... I know that there are thousands of people out there who disagree with me, and all power to them ... equally, I know that there are thousands of people out there who don't like many of the bands that I think are fantastic ... and all power to THEM, too.

Next time you come round to ours, I'm playing 'Walk' and 'By Demons Be Driven' until you admit you like at least one of them. ;)

(For what it's worth, I'm really not a Pantera fan at all. I like 2 or 3 songs off 'Cowboys', maybe 1 or 2 from 'Far Beyond Driven', but 'Vulgar' is a very good album imo.)

No I was in favor of Master Of Puppets, I guess you misunderstood what I was saying, my bad.

... *chuckle* ... yeah, looks like I did ... d'oh!

Next time you come round to ours, I'm playing 'Walk' and 'By Demons Be Driven' until you admit you like at least one of them. ;)

(For what it's worth, I'm really not a Pantera fan at all. I like 2 or 3 songs off 'Cowboys', maybe 1 or 2 from 'Far Beyond Driven', but 'Vulgar' is a very good album imo.)

You can try ... :)

challenge-accepted.jpg

To tell the truth, I think Reinventing The Steele was a superb album and is way under credited, Hellbound remains one of my fav songs, Dimebag unleashed some killer licks for that album, Vulgar was a groundbreaking album, who had ever done that style of music before??? anyone, anyone? as far as I can tell Master was just a thrash\Metal album, regardless of how good it was, nothing groundbreaking or innovative about it, just cause you dont like Panteras style of music, doesn't mean it's any less revolutionary, and not only did they do a new style of metal, they did it, with the best possible characters setting the bar so high nobody will ever even equal them, thats what I think.

challenge-accepted.jpg

I'm going to buy you an Iced Earth album for Christmas :)

To tell the truth, I think Reinventing The Steele was a superb album and is way under credited, Hellbound remains one of my fav songs, Dimebag unleashed some killer licks for that album, Vulgar was a groundbreaking album, who had ever done that style of music before??? anyone, anyone? as far as I can tell Master was just a thrash\Metal album, regardless of how good it was, nothing groundbreaking or innovative about it, just cause you dont like Panteras style of music, doesn't mean it's any less revolutionary, and not only did they do a new style of metal, they did it, with the best possible characters setting the bar so high nobody will ever even equal them, thats what I think.

We could argue this one back and forth until the cows came home ... :) I can understand where you're coming from, though - I was just as excited as you are by Pantera the first time I heard Warrior Soul - for me, their debut album is untouchable, but I know only a handful of other people who feel the same way ... to me, it's madness that more people don't own 'Last Decade Dead Century' ...

I'm going to buy you an Iced Earth album for Christmas :)

Shit, I had no idea you hated me that much! :rolleyes:

We could argue this one back and forth until the cows came home ... :) I can understand where you're coming from, though - I was just as excited as you are by Pantera the first time I heard Warrior Soul - for me, their debut album is untouchable, but I know only a handful of other people who feel the same way ... to me, it's madness that more people don't own 'Last Decade Dead Century' ...

Backed. The first two Warrior Soul albums are incredible. There's a band who came out of the blue and absolutely smashed it. F***ing awesome!