Original Album Series

Clutch

This series seems to be expanding. The one release in particular that caught my attention was the Ratt set. I remember it being listed as remastered (Blabbermouth, I think) but other reviews say they sound the same as previous issued cds. Wanted to check with the board and let you guys sound off.

Like I said, the Ratt box is my main concern but speak up on any other bands from the series as well. All opinions are appreciated.

p17krrnjnl14t61jus1uto1kbk5jh4.jpg

Hmmm, so they all will contain 5 cd's from the artists or does it vary?

Good to see more of this stuff being done though. It shows there is some demand for our favorite music.

I think it may vary but the vast majority seems to be 5 (Alice Cooper, Foreigner, Montrose, Pantera, etc.).

Yeah I've noticed quite a few of these popping up. I nearly picked up the Static X series today - 5 Static X albums, simply because I know nothing about the band and thought it would be a cheap way to check them out and see if I like them.

Some of these are really good if you want to pick up a bands back catalogue cheaply (and in some cases with me, being a completist idiot I am). It will depend if you iike cardboad LP sleeve type releases, but to my eyes these are a really good way to go. There is also a series called Original Album Classics which are similarly presented and worth checking too. Some are remasters, usually the present ones avaliable as in the Cheap Trick ones, some are not and usually 5 discs, occasionally some are 3.. I recently got Ratt and Blackfoot and they definitely sound louder to my ears, so they may have been tweaked a little.

Others in both series I have purchased and recommend

Blackfoot

The Cars

Cheap Trick (x2)

Earth, Wind & Fire (x2)

ELO

The Jeff Healey Band

Loudness

Montrose

Mott The Hoople/ Mott

Ted Nugent

Pretenders

Ratt

Santana (x2)

Sisters Of Mercy

Some of these are really good if you want to pick up a bands back catalogue cheaply (and in some cases with me, being a completist idiot I am). It will depend if you iike cardboad LP sleeve type releases, but to my eyes these are a really good way to go. There is also a series called Original Album Classics which are similarly presented and worth checking too. Some are remasters, usually the present ones avaliable as in the Cheap Trick ones, some are not and usually 5 discs, occasionally some are 3.. I recently got Ratt and Blackfoot and they definitely sound louder to my ears, so they may have been tweaked a little.

Blackfoot

The Cars

Cheap Trick (x2)

Earth, Wind & Fire (x2)

ELO

The Jeff Healey Band

Loudness

Montrose

Mott The Hoople/ Mott

Ted Nugent

Pretenders

Ratt

Santana (x2)

Sisters Of Mercy

Awesome! Appreciate the input Jez.

Came across in this series a Black Oak Arkansas one.

There are plenty in this series. Interesting mix as well. Some of the albums (CDs) are out of print in any single format which adds to the value (Blackfoot- Verticle Smiles). Have not purchased any yet, just getting feedback.

Blackfoot

The Cars

Cheap Trick (x2)

Earth, Wind & Fire (x2)

ELO

The Jeff Healey Band

Loudness

Montrose

Mott The Hoople/ Mott

Ted Nugent

Pretenders

Ratt

Santana (x2)

Sisters Of Mercy

Ive seen Kix & Dokken available also,but im defo gonna buy the Ratt version cause I don't own any of em on cd (only cassette :violin: )

This series seems to be expanding. The one release in particular that caught my attention was the Ratt set. I remember it being listed as remastered (Blabbermouth, I think) but other reviews say they sound the same as previous issued cds.

That would be a good thing. Avoid almost anything that's been remastered. Unless you're getting something from an audiophile label like Mobile Fidelity, this is the treatment they get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

Stick to the originals. If you want it louder, just turn up the volume.

This series seems to be expanding. The one release in particular that caught my attention was the Ratt set. I remember it being listed as remastered (Blabbermouth, I think) but other reviews say they sound the same as previous issued cds.

That would be a good thing. Avoid almost anything that's been remastered. Unless you're getting something from an audiophile label like Mobile Fidelity, this is the treatment they get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

Stick to the originals. If you want it louder, just turn up the volume.

Sage advice. I'm starting to believe that more and more.

Recently I saw Europe in a "Metal Case Series"....or at least that is what I thought it said. I tried Google for it but didn't see much so I must have the name wrong. Maybe I need to stop back there and take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the Ratt set,its not remastered that I can hear or indeed see info about on the repackaged set,still sounds great cranked up though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm strange. I'll buy the best 3 albums usually in a row from a band. For me it seems that's where the best music is.

These Original Album Series look pretty cool. The Ratt one has the first 5 CDs in it. Foreigner and The Cars also have the 1st Five CDs in them. Some of them skip some albums though, but there are some rare ones included.