Lionsex - New Album

Jez

Those Cheeky feline Milton Keynes boys release their 2nd full album 'Get Evolved' which is available now for download (free if you are quick) or in physical form from various establishments inc Amazon and Demon Doll records in the US (mid January). Head over to soundcloud to check it out in full or visit the boys on their facebook page. For a self financed release, this is a cracking album and the lads really do deserve a pat on the back for all the hard work they put in (which I know for fact is loads).

Facebook http://www.facebook....2879926?fref=ts

Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/lionsex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oxbVVPecTOI

• 1 month later...

Just been chatting to Davy and the band have decided to split. This is a real shame, as I went to their last gig a couple of weeks ago and they played a blinder and along with the excellent new album, things looked to be rosy. It's such a real shame that they have become so fed up with the whole music scene and general lack of support, as well as getting screwed over on more than one occassion by.certain greedy C**t promoters, that they feel like they are wasting their time. As I said above, one of THE most hard working bands I have ever had the pleasure to meet and a nicer (maybe too nice in retrospect) bunch of lads too, with a.great attitude and shock horror, some talent too go along with it. Mightily pissed off I am.

Just been chatting to Davy and the band have decided to split. This is a real shame, as I went to their last gig a couple of weeks ago and they played a blinder and along with the excellent new album, things looked to be rosy. It's such a real shame that they have become so fed up with the whole music scene and general lack of support, as well as getting screwed over on more than one occassion by.certain greedy C**t promoters, that they feel like they are wasting their time. As I said above, one of THE most hard working bands I have ever had the pleasure to meet and a nicer (maybe too nice in retrospect) bunch of lads too, with a.great attitude and shock horror, some talent too go along with it. Mightily pissed off I am.

Sorry to hear it, mate. Was that a lack of support from music fans, or is that a lack of label interest/support?

That sucks, especially so soon after releasing a new album. It seems to be a tough time for bands right now.

Sorry to hear it, mate. Was that a lack of support from music fans, or is that a lack of label interest/support?

A bit of both and more to be honest. The Glam/Sleaze thing is pretty much a niche market and isn't exactly a major interest in most people if we're honest, so they had there work cut out right from the start. Lack of venues putting on live music or concentrating more on Tribute acts rather than original bands, plus the distribution deal they had with Universal going tits up and as mentioned, greedy promoters screwing people over, plus you need loads of luck as well of course. All adds up to a nasty taste in the mouth.