BANG TANGO - Love After Death...an appeal to Joe!

MetalPete1031

Dear Joe Leste,

"Love After Death" is arguably Bang Tango's best album. You have said as much yourself in interviews.

So I implore you, sir, to PLEASE play songs off of that fine slab this coming year on the Monsters of Rock cruise!

Everywhere I read about Bang Tango shows, hardcore fans reveal the same info -- Bang Tango does not play songs off this record.

I understand that it only got a European release. I know it is fairly expensive to obtain here in the states---but some of us did! The fans on the cruise are mostly going to be hardcore fans, and a good number of them will know songs from this incredible album.

'New Generation', 'My Favourite 9', 'Don't Count Me Out', 'Crazy', 'Gonna Make You Feel Like', 'The Hell I Gave'...'So Obsessed'...any of these would be great!!

many thanks,

Pete

PS: Anybody else agree with me? Anybody else have this disc?

The only Bang Tango disc I've got is Psycho Cafe, which I like well enough... good luck on your crusade to get stuff from this Love After Death album played though...

The only Bang Tango disc I've got is Psycho Cafe, which I like well enough... good luck on your crusade to get stuff from this Love After Death album played though...

That's all I had for a while, then I bought the newer one 'Pistol Whipped in Bible Belt', which I also liked. Then I found 'Love After Death' on Amazon and it had good reviews.

Took a chance -- and it is a masterpiece of hard rock.

It is to Bang Tango as "Fire Down Under" is to Riot. As "Appetite.." is to GnR. As "Under the Influence" is to Wildside.

Indeed, anyone who owns and enjoys all three of those albums really must purchase this disc as soon as humanly possible.

Took your advice Pete and found myself a copy for a reasonable price. Looking forward to giving it a spin when I receive it.

Enjoy. I have been listening to it again this week, just can't seem to take it out of rotation. I would have to say that this is one I would need on a deserted island ---thus, it is in my top ten of all time.

Took your advice Pete and found myself a copy for a reasonable price. Looking forward to giving it a spin when I receive it.

Enjoy. I have been listening to it again this week, just can't seem to take it out of rotation. I would have to say that this is one I would need on a deserted island ---thus, it is in my top ten of all time.

It is a good album, but "Ready To Go" is still my favorite Bang Tango album.

I had 'Love After Death', but I foolishly let a mate borrow it ... :( I saw them in a small club (The Esplanade) when they toured the UK with that album ... they were FANTASTIC!

It is a good album, but "Ready To Go" is still my favorite Bang Tango album.

Wow - ok, looks like I need to pick up 'Ready to Go" as well

Hadn't heard much about that one either, but if you like it better than L.O.D...I will certainly buy it and check it out

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I am pleased to say that Joe started the set with "Don't Count Me Out"! It was awesome to hear that and the whole set was very rockin'. Here's what I recall:

• Don't Count Me Out
  • Suck It Up
  • Dressed Up Vamp
  • Attack of Life
  • Wrap My Wings
  • Dancin' On Coals
  • Someone Like You
  • Untied and True
  • Bring On The World
  • (two good ones by Beautiful Creatures)

I put the cd booklets for "Love After Death" and the newer one ("Pistol Whipped iN the Bible Belt") in my pockets--and a couple Sharpie pens after that, because on this cruise you just ran into artists everywhere you went! Well....

Ran into him and bassist on pool deck!

Trying not to invade his conversation, I simply held up the L.O.D. booklet and he stopped talking, walked toward me as I said "Can I bother you to sign this?"

"That is a really good album," he said. "I agree!" said me.

Also got him and Lance Eric (bass) to sign the new one, and Joe told a funny story before we parted ways.

Bang Tango was highlight of the trip for me and the wife. Enjoyed the whole cruise, but BT really rocks hard and was extremely cool.

THANKS JOE!!!

I'll try to get pics posted soon over on the M.O.R. thread. (concerts).

Well, I am pleased to say that Joe started the set with "Don't Count Me Out"! It was awesome to hear that and the whole set was very rockin'. Here's what I recall:

• Don't Count Me Out
  • Suck It Up
  • Dressed Up Vamp
  • Attack of Life
  • Wrap My Wings
  • Dancin' On Coals
  • Someone Like You
  • Untied and True
  • Bring On The World
  • (two good ones by Beautiful Creatures)

I put the cd booklets for "Love After Death" and the newer one ("Pistol Whipped iN the Bible Belt") in my pockets--and a couple Sharpie pens after that, because on this cruise you just ran into artists everywhere you went! Well....

Ran into him and bassist on pool deck!

Trying not to invade his conversation, I simply held up the L.O.D. booklet and he stopped talking, walked toward me as I said "Can I bother you to sign this?"

"That is a really good album," he said. "I agree!" said me.

Also got him and Lance Eric (bass) to sign the new one, and Joe told a funny story before we parted ways.

Bang Tango was highlight of the trip for me and the wife. Enjoyed the whole cruise, but BT really rocks hard and was extremely cool.

THANKS JOE!!!

I'll try to get pics posted soon over on the M.O.R. thread. (concerts).

Glad you had a good experience. There is an article on Metal Sludge recently saying the show this fan saw was terrible because Joe was so drunk he could barely stand or sing. Depends on what day you get them I guess.