"A Christmas Story 2" Trailer

Fat Freddy

From the "Who the Hell asked for THIS?" file...

Here it is folks, just in time for the holidays... a 30 years too late, direct-to-video sequel to the holiday classic that didn't really need a sequel!!

Um.. wow, this looks godawful. Poor Daniel Stern. I hope he fires his agent soon.

The late Bob Clark (director of the original), Darren McGavin (the original "Old Man") and Jean Shepherd (author of the original story) are probably all doing 50,000 RPM's in their graves right now.

Hmmm...looks...ok. At least they have Ralphie a little older. I see some possibility with it, but not much. Did you guys know there was an earlier sequel to Christmas Story that takes place in the summertime called It Runs In The Family (1994)? It wasn't very good from what I remember. It focused mainly on the fighting with the Bumpus neighbors next door.

At least they have Ralphie a little older. I see some possibility with it, but not much.

It could've been interesting if they'd tracked down the (now middle aged) kid who played "Ralphie" in the original and cast him as his adult self, celebrating Christmas with his own kids. (They could've set it in the late 50s or thereabouts) ...

I find it funny that it'll be released in a special "Twin Pack" DVD with the original... to me, that sez they already know that they'll never sell any of this P.O.S. on its own. :D

Oh, and what's with the nose on the guy playing the teenaged Ralphie? Geez, what a honker. :rofl2: