Pretty cool flea market find

zrock63

As I was going thru my local flea market on Sat. I came across a box of about 20 or so cassettes. About half of them were live recordings from the Galaxy Nightclub of the bands Public Enemy, Ragdoll, even one of Cinderella from 1985 at the Galaxy. Also, a live show from Money/USA which some members later went on to form Network. The PE shows are from 86-87, Ragdoll shows are 88-89. Public Enemy changed their name to Ragdoll after the rap group PE started to become more popular. The rest of the tapes are studio demo's from PE, Ragdoll, and Money/USA.

Are you planning on selling the demos?

• 3 months later...
Guest Bill Farrar

Would you happen to know if Wolfe Records owned the Galaxy back then? I know they were located upstairs and that they were a full service record company feeding off the bands that played there, Two other well known bands that played there were "Tangier" and "Ivory Tower", both who recorded with Wolfe. Are these two bands included in your tapes? Also, the band I managed and who played there several times was called "Cintron". Maybe you have one with them on it too?

Bill Haight owned The Galaxy and Wolfe Records, Robert Leese ran the studio part and did most of the studio production stuff.

Britny Fox first recordings also came out of that studio under the Wolfe Records Label. I believe B. Fox, Tangier, Ivory Tower, Funhouse, a compelation cd, and a female vocalist cd were the only recordings to come out under the Wolfe Records label.

Until today I found a 12" single from the group "Division One" (Sweat) on Wolfe Records, I couldn't wait to get home and put this unknown record on my turntable. To my shock it was RAP...wtf...from 1991...perhaps the last recording under the Wofle Label.

A ton of groups recorded demo's and short ep's, but they were released under the group's own name or label.

Nothing from the band Cintron is on any of the tapes I have from the Galaxy, just stuff from Public Enemy, Ragdoll, Money/USA and Cinderilla. Is this the band Cintron from North Jersey or NY that put a lp out ?

• 2 weeks later...

This was a rare find today:

Tri-States' Best Unsigned Artists

This features many unknowned Rock bands from Jersey:

Krysis, Fallon, Sinnocence, Symphony White, Simon Quiss,Well Of Souls, King For A Day, Inroads,Over Here, The Pharmacy, Leap Of Faith, Vague Nation, Dog,Flagg, Stolen Goods, Position

It says Fallon was formed with ex Skid Row singer Matt Fallon. I paid a dollar for it..

Krysis, Fallon, Sinnocence, Symphony White, Simon Quiss,Well Of Souls, King For A Day, Inroads,Over Here, The Pharmacy, Leap Of Faith, Vague Nation, Dog,Flagg, Stolen Goods, Position

It says Fallon was formed with ex Skid Row singer Matt Fallon. I paid a dollar for it..

Nice find, I remember a few of those bands. What flea market ?

This has mediafire written all over it... :whistle::tumbsup: