Pink Cream 69 - New Drummer

T-BONE

Can't wait for their new stuff

PINK CREAM 69 Parts Ways With Drummer, Announces Replacement

Kosta Zafiriou, drummer and original member of German/British melodic hard rockers PINK CREAM 69, has left the band. He will be replaced by his good friend and longtime drum tech Chris Schmidt, who has previously played with SUNSTORM, Harry Hess' FIRST SIGNAL and more.

Commented Kosta: "It was a very hard decision to leave the band I co-founded back in 1987, but I am sure this is the right step. Due to my various activities with my company Bottom Row, plus being the drummer and manager of my new band UNISONIC, more and more I felt I was retarding PINK CREAM 69's career.

"Chris is a great drummer and a good friend of the band [for] many years, which makes him the perfect match for PINK CREAM 69.

"I wish the guys only the best and look forward to see the first show with him — as a visitor, enjoying the songs that accompanied me half of my life!"

PINK CREAM 69 entered the studio on March 1 to begin recording the as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2007's "In10sity" for a fall release via Marquee/Avalon (Japan and Southaast Asia) and Frontiers Music (rest of the world).

Added PINK CREAM 69 guitarist Alfred Koffler: "The vibe within the band is very enthusiastic and creative. There are far too many strong songs by Dennis [Ward], David [Readman] and myself to pick from. There will be eleven of them on the album plus a couple of bonus tracks for the different markets and formats. We also will have guest appearances by two famous musicians on the new record — both fans of the band. More on that soon!"

The release of the new PINK CREAM 69 album will be accompanied by the arrival of the band's first video clip since "Shame".

The band will make several European festival appearances during the summer and will tour after the release of the new CD.

This could be one to really cause an unexpected erection here and there. I will really, really look forward to this CD. I wasn't overly amazed by the last couple of CDs, but they were all very good. I actually have really missed these guys to be honest.

On the drummer news... that's actually pretty sad news. Aside from the two second Deris/Readman shuffle, I like the fact that the band has been the same from day one until now. I really dig that. Shame... and I really hope that Unisonic rubbish is not a legit reason for leaving PC69 - that'd be real sad.

Nice...its about time they had another cd out but understand that Readman has been involved with his solo album which was pretty good and of course Voodoo Circle.......but PC69 is where its at.....love so many of their songs, and In10sity was arguably their strongest album to date.

Cant wait!

I haven't loved anything since Electrified, which imo is their best Readman release. I'm still looking forward to the new one!

I agree Electrified is the best Readman but I like them all. If it wasn't for that stupid cover of 'My Sharona' Thunderdome would be one of their best IMO. Then again I actually prefer the firs three albums with Deris but he's one of my fav singers. I do love the two distcs David has done with Alex Beyrodt and Matt Sinner in Voodoo Circle as well.

Why is this thread in Heavy Metal? I think of PC69 as Hard Rock but maybe that's just me. :anon:

I haven't loved anything since Electrified, which imo is their best Readman release. I'm still looking forward to the new one!

I agree Electrified is the best Readman but I like them all. If it wasn't for that stupid cover of 'My Sharona' Thunderdome would be one of their best IMO. Then again I actually prefer the firs three albums with Deris but he's one of my fav singers. I do love the two distcs David has done with Alex Beyrodt and Matt Sinner in Voodoo Circle as well.

Why is this thread in Heavy Metal? I think of PC69 as Hard Rock but maybe that's just me. :anon:

Totally agree that the Deris discs are the best along with 'Electrified.' That said, though it's not like the last few albums have been bad... just not quite as good as before. I can't remember the name, but the one with the exploding pink TV was pretty awesome. That's my fave since 'Electrified.'

Totally agree that the Deris discs are the best along with 'Electrified.' That said, though it's not like the last few albums have been bad... just not quite as good as before. I can't remember the name, but the one with the exploding pink TV was pretty awesome. That's my fave since 'Electrified.'

Wow, to each their own guys, but songs like 'Lost In Illusions', 'High As A Mountain', 'Carnaby Road, 'Shelter', 'Gods Come Together', 'No Way Out', 'My Darkest Hour' etc trounce any song (except maybe 'One Step Into Paradise') from the Deris era.

In fact I have absolutely no idea why the band keep dragging out dreary and dated sounding tunes like 'Talk To The Moon' and 'Hells Gone Crazy' when they play live when they have so many other awesome songs????! These songs were boring as hell when they played them at Firefest and just sounded like v dull straight ahead euro rock rather than the excellent hook laden mhr we know they are capable of..........

Hey ho.

Sonic Dynamite

No, shouldn't be in the heavy metal section for sure. Geoff, I think you are talking about Sonic Dynamite? I can't even get all the way through that thing. I don't know why, but it sounds like the scraps left over from Electrified. They got stuck in that "samey" sound for a lot of their albums and I am not a fan of that. I loved the albums Change & Food For Thought because they shook things up a bit, then Electrified got them back to their roots and I loved that as well. Now that you mention it, I think I liked Endangered quite a bit. That's the green cover right?

As someone said, none of their albums are bad. I just really like some better than their others. Not a fan of the S/T album with Deris but the other 2 with him are my faves. Go figure...lol.

'Sonic Dynamite' is the one. The last one before the other 2 started sounding pretty samey.

The s/t album has the weakest sound, worst drums and vocals ever recorded, but songwise it's got some of the best songs PC69 have recorded to date, and a lot of them.

For the record, Glen, 'Talk to the moon' would feature in my top 5 all time fave PC69 tracks - LOVE that song.

For the record, Glen, 'Talk to the moon' would feature in my top 5 all time fave PC69 tracks - LOVE that song.

its shit, sorry. Actually no Im not, but its still shit.