Koritni - Welcome to the Crossroads

embrock

Grey suggested to make a new thread for this one and I agree.

Here's the press-release:

The release date for KORITNI's new studio album WELCOME TO THE CROSSROADS is now confirmed for Monday 12th March through Verycords / Warner Music France. Distributors and release dates for specific territories will be announced shortly. Five years on from the Lady Luck debut album in January 2007, Welcome To The Crossroads will be Koritni’s third studio album.

The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Mark Wilkinson, who already worked on some previous releases (Game Of Fools, Red Live Joint, No More Bets).

The band also reunited with long-time engineers Mike “Fraze” Fraser, Dan Leffler and Dean Maher to record & mix the album throughout 2011 at various locations like Megaphon Studios in Sydney, Hipposonic or the Warehouse Studios in Vancouver. Once again after his work on Game Of Fools, Ryan Smith performed the Mastering at Sterling Sound, New York.

For the first time in Koritni history, a few special guests were asked to take part of the project, and they kindly agreed. So it is with honor the band can announce that Jeff Scott Soto (WET, Journey), Jeff Waters (Annihilator) & Rusty Brown (Electric Mary) will be featured on the album.

The full tracklisting for the album (total running time 50:37) is:

01. Down At The Crossroads (4:18) featuring Jeff Scott Soto

02. Better Off Dead (3:49) featuring Rusty Brown

03. Party's Over (3:34)

04. Now A Word From Our Sponsors (0:31)

05. TV's Just A Medium (4:13) featuring Jeff Waters

06. Lost For Words (3:50)

07. Sydney In The Summertime (4:03)

08. Sometimes (6:58)

09. Money Talks, It Says Goodbye (4:15)

10. Let's Go Crazy (3:22)

11. Hold On (6:42) Electric version

12. Take It Like A Man (5:00)

One of my favourite new bands out there and definately one of my most anticipated albums this year.

A download of their first single "Down at the crossroads" is available here

Grey suggested to make a new thread for this one and I agree.

Here's the press-release:

The release date for KORITNI's new studio album WELCOME TO THE CROSSROADS is now confirmed for Monday 12th March through Verycords / Warner Music France. Distributors and release dates for specific territories will be announced shortly. Five years on from the Lady Luck debut album in January 2007, Welcome To The Crossroads will be Koritni’s third studio album.

The new album pictured here features artwork illustrated by Mark Wilkinson, who already worked on some previous releases (Game Of Fools, Red Live Joint, No More Bets).

The band also reunited with long-time engineers Mike “Fraze” Fraser, Dan Leffler and Dean Maher to record & mix the album throughout 2011 at various locations like Megaphon Studios in Sydney, Hipposonic or the Warehouse Studios in Vancouver. Once again after his work on Game Of Fools, Ryan Smith performed the Mastering at Sterling Sound, New York.

For the first time in Koritni history, a few special guests were asked to take part of the project, and they kindly agreed. So it is with honor the band can announce that Jeff Scott Soto (WET, Journey), Jeff Waters (Annihilator) & Rusty Brown (Electric Mary) will be featured on the album.

The full tracklisting for the album (total running time 50:37) is:

01. Down At The Crossroads (4:18) featuring Jeff Scott Soto

02. Better Off Dead (3:49) featuring Rusty Brown

03. Party's Over (3:34)

04. Now A Word From Our Sponsors (0:31)

05. TV's Just A Medium (4:13) featuring Jeff Waters

06. Lost For Words (3:50)

07. Sydney In The Summertime (4:03)

08. Sometimes (6:58)

09. Money Talks, It Says Goodbye (4:15)

10. Let's Go Crazy (3:22)

11. Hold On (6:42) Electric version

12. Take It Like A Man (5:00)

One of my favourite new bands out there and definately one of my most anticipated albums this year.

A download of their first single "Down at the crossroads" is available here

I picked up 'Game Of Fools' last year, and was pleasantly surprised by just how good it was ... reckon I'll be picking this one up, too. Oh, yes :)

• 2 months later...