Sent By Ravens - Learn From The Night

Glen

This is the lead single called 'Learn From The Night' from the bands new album due in February - utterly stunning. If this is an indication of the quality, this could be the modern rock album of the year. This is what Ive been missing from modern rock in 2011 - amazing harmonies in the chorus...I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KE5Y_4GExw

This is the lead single called 'Learn From The Night' from the bands new album due in February - utterly stunning. If this is an indication of the quality, this could be the modern rock album of the year. This is what Ive been missing from modern rock in 2011 - amazing harmonies in the chorus...I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KE5Y_4GExw

Have been waiting for their release for what seems like aeons!!! Thanks for the update!

hm sounds like a generic modern rock to me, decent but ain't impressive Glen, expecting something better

Wow, generic. I love that word....its.......just so descriptive.

I can think of a lot of 'generic' stuff I heard in 2011....thankfully this isnt it.

hm sounds like a generic modern rock to me, decent but ain't impressive Glen, expecting something better

I can think of a lot of 'generic' stuff I heard in 2011....thankfully this isnt it.

for example 'Daughtry'.....now thats generic.

Generic:- Simple in this case - Sounds like it could be one of a million different bands (with stupid names), that churn this stuff out with inane regularity and all sound the same as each other. Simplified = Mostly shite :whistle:

To each their own I guess. But to call this shit is a tad harsh I think. I really strong modern rock song - looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Where's Tim & Geoff to talk some sense ;-))

for example 'Daughtry'.....now thats generic.

Hm I don't think Daughtry is generic.

I agree he used a safe chord progression just like most alternative/modern rock bands but the way he sing, putting solos, handling instruments, vocal quality, songs quality, rhythm section, and many other small things making him in the lead over many average modern rock bands.

Most of the times I call a band generic if they barely has the expertise of singing or playing instruments, unable to make really great and memorable songs, and many other average stuffs, and sadly, this band is one of them.

In my opinion, Daughtry wins big time against these kids if this song represents their whole album. I don't say it's bad, I say it's okay, but don't you think it's too early to call it song of the year ? :D

I didn't say it was song of the year I said it was as exciting as any modern rock song I heard in 2011 (aside from Destrophy, which isn't really modern anyway).

And for dudes who can't sing I think that chorus sounds pretty great me ;-)

Well judging by those first words you said that if this song indicates the quality of the whole album, then it could be the album of the year for you, i assume this one could be the song of the year for you as well :D

looks like we're here playing game of words lol

Well judging by those first words you said that if this song indicates the quality of the whole album, then it could be the album of the year for you, i assume this one could be the song of the year for you as well :D

looks like we're here playing game of words lol

ha ha, the word 'modern' is key here of course. I doubt if any modern rock album this year will even scratch the surface of my top 20-30 MHR albums. Just to clarify ;-)

Or should I say 20........forgot Im only buying 20 ;-)

yeah i remember, 20 is the promise you made, but you know men always break promises :D

Im aiming for quality over quantity

Feb - Sunstorm

Mar - JSS (Damage Control) - supposed to be awesome

Apr - Crazy Lixx

You see, I am limiting myself ;-))

Nice vibe, nice sound. They remind me of those super erection-givers, No Love Lost, who I see apparently still also have an album due this year.

But yeah, I do like this. Would love to hear a full album from these chaps for sure.