Chris Paul trade denied

Leykis101

and I guess it's the league that said no, I am not a poor sport or a soar loser, but as a small market pro NBA fan, I get sick of watching the Lakers stock their roster up, I mean I like to at least keep it fair, regardless of where I live, Ive lived in many big city's, and I can honestly say it does matter, salary caps and shit like that serve a purpose, maybe im off base here, but i just get so sick of huge city teams stocking their rosters, cause when it comes down to it, who is going to be able to out spend, or out lure New York and L.A.? nobody!

That's next year, he could blow his knee out and never play again(see brandon roy)

Actually the Hornets were getting a hell of a lot more than the Lakers were getting.

They were getting a starting center in Odom a starting PF in Scoila and a starting 20 PPG SF in Martin plus a backup PG and a draft pick. This is as good a deal as they will get for Paul or they can watch him leave. The NBA should not be able to stop this deal since they did nothing about stopping the Big 3 coming together in Miami and all the recruiting done from Riley and Wade. To me the NBA and Stern shot themselves in the foot in blocking this deal. The Lakers did nothing wrong and are giving up all star type players in Odom and Gasol for a great PG but a PG that has missed a lot of games the last couple of years.

The only reason this trade was blocked was due to the NBA actually owning the Hornets, and knowing that selling tickets in New Orleans would be a LOT tougher without their star player. Stern has overstepped his bounds here, and I expect to see a slightly altered version of this trade go through soon. The NBA PA is just waiting to jump all over this...

The only reason this trade was blocked was due to the NBA actually owning the Hornets, and knowing that selling tickets in New Orleans would be a LOT tougher without their star player. Stern has overstepped his bounds here, and I expect to see a slightly altered version of this trade go through soon. The NBA PA is just waiting to jump all over this...

That's exactly what it is, can't sell the HOrnets without their big time superstar, and selling the Hornets is the only thing on Sterns mind!