Juliet's Vice: "d.g.a.f." review

metalmaniac777

My review of indie retro-sleaze rockers Juliet's Vice new album, "d.g.a.f.," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Juliet's Vice review

Those who appreciate that early Guns 'N Roses sound will want to give these guys a listen.

Upcoming reviews include:

Issa: "The Storm"

Switchfoot: "Vice Verses"

Nightvision: "Consequence of Sin"

Crowned By Fire: "Prone to Destroy"

I've had their first release, "Decadence and Romance" since it came out in 2008. Pretty good stuff. Still gets an occasional spin. They are a really good live band too, nice guys to boot. Wasn't aware that they had released a new one... I'll have to pick it up for sure.

got their first release also. whilst it had potential, it struck me as a band who hadn't spent much time playing together before getting into the studio. it was quite a let down for me. maybe a few years later they're geling a bit better.

Actually they hadn't been together with that line-up long at all when they released the first disc. I have always like bands that had a bit of a raw sound.. Probably why I dig these guys.

But as you say, it should be interesting to see how they sound 3 years later.

got their first release also. whilst it had potential, it struck me as a band who hadn't spent much time playing together before getting into the studio. it was quite a let down for me. maybe a few years later they're geling a bit better.

Actually they hadn't been together with that line-up long at all when they released the first disc. I have always like bands that had a bit of a raw sound.. Probably why I dig these guys.

But as you say, it should be interesting to see how they sound 3 years later.

all makes sense then, cos that is what struck me first up.

I liked this album a lot as you can see here: http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/julietsvice/dgaf.shtml

I actually read your review when I was doing my research on the band and didn't even realize you were the writer. Good write-up. Seems you were a little more impressed with them that I was, but they're definitely a solid entry in the raw, sleazy hard rock sweepstakes.