Toby Hitchcock: "Mercury's Down" review

metalmaniac777

My review of one of the finest melodic hard rock albums of the year, Toby Hitchcock: "Mercury's Down", is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Toby Hitchcock review

Not quite as good as the hype would suggest, but still pretty damn good.

Nice one mate. I do have to ask, though, which ones are the fillers? I assume one is the title track, but what are the others?

Creep.

Nice one mate. I do have to ask, though, which ones are the fillers? I assume one is the title track, but what are the others?

Creep.

I really like the title track. Creep ;-))

Also Mark, you are starting to sound a bit like Blackadder with all these quotes! :P

Creep.

Also Mark, you are starting to sound a bit like Blackadder with all these quotes! :P

Yeah I don't hear any fillers either. But then I'm still wounded since the whole Black Veil Brides falling-out. I agree with him about the vocals though, absolutely stunning throughout. Especially on "Summernights in Cabo" which is a vocal masterclass.....

Great review of a great release, Mark !! :drink:

Nice one, mate. I do have to ask...which ones are the fillers? I assume one is the title track, but what are the others?

I really like the title track.

While not true fillers, per se, the songs that didn't grab me as much as the others are "How to Stop," "Let Go," "If It's To Be (It's Up To Me)," and "Summer Nights in Cabo." All the rest are excellent, including the title track. And as Tim mentioned, "Summer Nights in Cabo" features a world-class vocal performance (as does the whole album for that matter) from Hitchcock, but something about the chorus just leaves me going, "Meh."

Glen, I must confess that the Blackadder reference missed the mark with me...who is Blackadder? And is it a good thing or a bad thing? I hate to think you gave me a good insult and it went over my head!

Creep.

I should add, I don't think the title track is a filler. I just assumed that would be what Mark referred to as, imo, it's the weakest song on the CD. That said, it's still a great song - a little chanty, but still high range score from me.

I personally don't think there's even a hint of a filler on the disc either.

And Mark, Glen will correct me if I'm wrong but Blackadder is some godawful over-rated British comedy. Not sure what the reference means as I don't know anything about the show - by choice - but that can be your launching pad.

Nice one, mate. I do have to ask...which ones are the fillers? I assume one is the title track, but what are the others?

I really like the title track.

While not true fillers, per se, the songs that didn't grab me as much as the others are "How to Stop," "Let Go," "If It's To Be (It's Up To Me)," and "Summer Nights in Cabo." All the rest are excellent, including the title track. And as Tim mentioned, "Summer Nights in Cabo" features a world-class vocal performance (as does the whole album for that matter) from Hitchcock, but something about the chorus just leaves me going, "Meh."

Glen, I must confess that the Blackadder reference missed the mark with me...who is Blackadder? And is it a good thing or a bad thing? I hate to think you gave me a good insult and it went over my head!

Summer Nights In Cabo, a filler. lol. Well to each their own mate...that song is friggin awesome IMO and features not only a stunning vocal from TH, but also the best damned geeeeetar solo ive heard this year!

As for Blackadder, yeah its a (brilliant!) British comedy.....its just he makes loads of comparitive quotes like you do......