7th Heaven - 'Pop Media'

Geoff

I know this has been briefly discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I can't find where. Anyway, the band have released another new disc, chock full of new songs (22 in fact!) and it's not bad. Contrary to something wild I saw, they have not made a half-dance CD, or changed their style to include more of a dance style or whatever that nonsense was about. They sound just like they have since the 'Silver' discs, which has always included a modern element of popular music influence. But don't avoid this thinking they've changed their style, as they've not.

These are the tracks:

1 - Sing • 2 - Go For A Ride • 3 - She Should Have Been An Angel • 4 - World Gone Mad • 5 - Beyond Beautiful

6 - Turn Up The Radio • 7 - Dance Of A Lifetime • 8 - I Did Not Sign Up For This • 9 - Get Up On The Floor

10 - Snapshots In Time At The Speed Of Light • 11 - Love Or Hate • 12 - Animals • 13 - Wouldn't Change A Thing • 14 - Photographs

15 - What's My Name • 16 - Perfect Girl • 17 - Change The World • 18 - Should I Stay • 19 - Stuck In A Moment

20 - Living In A Mystery • 21 - Loving You • 22 - Life Goes On

You can play the full album here to try before you buy:

http://www.7thheavenband.com/

Or you can buy the new CD for $15 (postage included!) here:

http://www.7thheavenband.com/

I just tried to check out and there seems to be an issue with Paypal, but if nothing else, these guys offer great value for money with their new discs and I'll buy this one hopefully within the half hour, when it's telling me to come back.

Like Glen said, there's a few fillers - in fact, a lot of the 2nd half of the CD does seem to trail off in quality. However, 'She should have been an angel' is as good as any song I have heard this year... stunning. 'Sing,' 'Love or hate,' and 'Should I stay' were other instant highlights too. There are a few songs here that should have been left on the cutting room floor - 'I Did Not Sign Up For This' and 'What's my name' being the 2 really obvious ones. But overall, if you liked them before you'll still like the band. The CD really just isn't quite as good as previous releases overall, but it's still a good 'un.

My other question, is how on earth are these guys still going along unsigned? If someone would just sign these guys and get them into the habit of releasing a well produced 12 track CD with only the best songs each time, they would be a real contender in the scene. They really have a great song writing ability and to me their only drawbacks at the moment are the passable but still meek production job on each CD and the abundance of songs they feel they need to put on every CD. Two issues easily fixed if some pack of clowns would just sign these guys... if that's what they're after? They almost seem to take joy in doing themsleves perhaps?

Yeh ill be getting this. Doesnt sound as heavy as some of the tracks on Silver - man what an album that was! But sounds just like USA/UK... perhaps a tad lighter......

If you havnt already ordered Jeothhry, maybe we can order together. And cuddle.

Yeah, sure, Cuddlebunny. I'm happy with that. Can you get it to work, though? I'm still getting this:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Haven't got any email or paypal messages either. Any tips?

i know i've been reading something about them, about the new singer that went on to American Idol but got ejected because he doesn't have American PR sort of thing, is that guy still singing on this one ?

and i heard that they did made more than 700+ songs out of their career and lots of them were put in the jukebox, but i just don't understand why don't they just put 10-11 great songs and released a new album, maybe keep the others for the next one, or is it their habit to treat their fans with loads amount of songs not knowing that there's a risk to pull down the album to a mediocre status if one encountered 30% fillers in it ?

but i'm still putting this on the waiting list to listen to, maybe after Bridger this afternoon :)

Yeah I'm intrigued now too. It was melodicrock.com that said this was more in a dance/pop direction so I stopped reading, but if Geoff likes it then it must be good. :lol:

Yeah I'm intrigued now too. It was melodicrock.com that said this was more in a dance/pop direction so I stopped reading, but if Geoff likes it then it must be good. :lol:

Haha! As I say, not as good as previous discs, but if you have liked those last few it'd be hard to all of sudden completely hate this. Jeez that 'She should have been an angel' song is basically worth the ticket price alone.

As I said there are probably about 5 or 6 really good songs....the rest I could take or leave. 22 songs is a bit ridiculous for one album. But maybe they just want to 'give' their fans loads of songs - what one might hate the other might love - who knows..............

My take on this is I like that they release 22 songs. Of course there will be fillers, but everyone has their own taste. I might like some songs other people do not, so it throws them all out there. I think a lot of people still just put the songs they like on an ipod or whatever anyway. We always here demo songs released by artists we like that never see the light of day and wish that they had. I like their concept. They are also pretty diverse, so patches of songs will appeal to different people.

The vocalist was on idol 2 years ago, made it to Hollywood week. He had to be removed though because his American Visa was not received in time to be elligible. He did win the English version of Idol many years ago. HE sounds very Bryan Adams ish to me with a little less rasp. I like this band.

Mike

As I said there are probably about 5 or 6 really good songs....the rest I could take or leave. 22 songs is a bit ridiculous for one album. But maybe they just want to 'give' their fans loads of songs - what one might hate the other might love - who knows..............

My initial favs are 'Sing', 'She Should....', 'Turn Up the (fuckin) Radio'...annoying that this song is so good ...'Snapshots In Time...', 'Love Hate' (perfect verses...shame the chorus isnt stronger), 'Animals' (probably the best song - like light Def Leppard), 'Photographs', 'Should I Stay', 'Stuck In A Moment',

Looking at it like that I guess that 9 pretty solid songs....shame they didnt record these 9 and one other to make a pretty damned good album. I hate albums packed with fillers which I have to skip all the time.

Hey ho.

My initial favs are 'Sing', 'She Should....', 'Turn Up the (fuckin) Radio'...annoying that this song is so good ...'Snapshots In Time...', 'Love Hate' (perfect verses...shame the chorus isnt stronger), 'Animals' (probably the best song - like light Def Leppard), 'Photographs', 'Should I Stay', 'Stuck In A Moment',

Looking at it like that I guess that 9 pretty solid songs....shame they didnt record these 9 and one other to make a pretty damned good album. I hate albums packed with fillers which I have to skip all the time.

Hey ho.

Here you go the 10th song can be 'Wouldnt Change A Thing'....like that one.

So, 10 good songs and 12 average....that will do for me i guess.

Hey ho.

Here you go the 10th song can be 'Wouldnt Change A Thing'....like that one.

So, 10 good songs and 12 average....that will do for me i guess.

A lot of those titles look familiar to what I was liking best too. I'll spin this properly when I get the hard copy (purchased yesterday) and give a detailed thesis on what's necessary and what's not. ;) I do remember liking a few more around the start of the disc.

I actually remember spinning this at the start thinking wow, I'm glad this is 22 tracks! I'm loving them all. But by the end my enthusiasm for that idea had died after a few cracks appeared.

i listened to the first 8 tracks yesterday, and i'll say it's a good album so far. But i'm pretty sure with 22 tracks spreaded all over the album, the risk of one song sounded too samey with the other is huge. The dance reference is probably they're playing with power pop stuff, i can also hear some modern pop rock stuff such as Savage Garden here, and still the harmonic Def Leppard touch is also there.

looks like gonna be an okay album for me, but don't know until i spin the whole album :popcorn:

i listened to the first 8 tracks yesterday, and i'll say it's a good album so far. But i'm pretty sure with 22 tracks spreaded all over the album, the risk of one song sounded too samey with the other is huge. The dance reference is probably they're playing with power pop stuff, i can also hear some modern pop rock stuff such as Savage Garden here, and still the harmonic Def Leppard touch is also there.

looks like gonna be an okay album for me, but don't know until i spin the whole album :popcorn:

Yeah mate, no doubt at all they do have some of that modern power pop / rock influence in their sound... but they always have. :) Apart from their debut... but yeah, it's nothing they haven't been doing already since 2003. ;)