Canadian Postal Strike...?

LV KIX

I tried mailing a CD to Canada yesterday and was told that the USA wasn't sending any more mail to Canada until the Canadian Postal Strike was over.

Anyone know anything about this or have the same problem...?

Anyone know anything about this or have the same problem...?

Yes Dave....us Canadians know about it and have had plenty of problems with it. :whistle:

I haven't sold anything in over a month and half and don't plan on selling until my summer holidays are nearly over in mid August...if the strike is over.

The strike should be coming to an end soon, the government has been working through the weekend to get some "back to work" legislation together to put an end to it. The strike hasn't been a complete shutdown to the system though, the postal workers have been choosing one city at a time and sitting in at that particular city, then picking up and moving on to the next and then the next. Mail is still moving but it has been slowed down.

The strike should be coming to an end soon, the government has been working through the weekend to get some "back to work" legislation together to put an end to it. The strike hasn't been a complete shutdown to the system though, the postal workers have been choosing one city at a time and sitting in at that particular city, then picking up and moving on to the next and then the next. Mail is still moving but it has been slowed down.

USPS stopped accepting mail to Canada on June 18th, due to a request from the Candain Post. From what I heard the government can force them back to work in 7 to 10 days. I had a cd to go out on June 18th, but couldn't send it. I contacted the buyer and he understood and just said to send it when I can.

We are having big problems here in Canada with our postal service and Strike...can't get anyhting in or out. I shipped a cd through E-BAY and it is stuck in the mail system...also have packages in the system and some on order....get them back to WORK!! If the strike happened during our coldest month Jan/Feb where it goes to -30c -40c they would be back to work in FLASH. Hope they go to a 3 day mail delivery service...Mon/Wed/Fri. :party421: