Block this bidder 'angarrrsk09'

I've sometimes had problems with Russian bidders, so this dude pushed over the edge and I'm blocking the country.

Here is an email I got from him 6 weeks after the item ended. It's for a Slik Toxik - Doin' The Nasty

columbia house cd. not as described. i want my $3.25 back. sorry.

- angarrrsk09

He wants his money back because it's a Columbia House pressing, all the songs and artwork are identical, as is the quality.

As a buyer, if you are against Columbia House pressings, ask sellers before bidding on common titles from the early 90's like this one, because 1000's of Slik Toxik - Doin' The Nasty were printed by Columbia House.

I told him to go ahead and claim a file via Paypal, lets see how far he gets. I'm sure he'll leave a negative feedback, which will be totally unfair.

What a dickhead!!!

He's been blocked. Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much rely solely on this board to let me know who's sneaking around on e-bay.

I've sometimes had problems with Russian bidders, so this dude pushed over the edge and I'm blocking the country.

Here is an email I got from him 6 weeks after the item ended. It's for a Slik Toxik - Doin' The Nasty

columbia house cd. not as described. i want my $3.25 back. sorry.

- angarrrsk09

He wants his money back because it's a Columbia House pressing, all the songs and artwork are identical, as is the quality.

As a buyer, if you are against Columbia House pressings, ask sellers before bidding on common titles from the early 90's like this one, because 1000's of Slik Toxik - Doin' The Nasty were printed by Columbia House.

I told him to go ahead and claim a file via Paypal, lets see how far he gets. I'm sure he'll leave a negative feedback, which will be totally unfair.

What a dickhead!!!

Actually, some columbia house titles are worth more than the originals, like Metallica is. Did you put that it was a record club issue in your description? I usually do, due to some slight problems in the past.The stupid thing about this, is that this is a 3.00 item! My god, your not talking alot of money here.

Id tell him to ship it back, surely its not too cheap to ship from russia, but return shipping is on him, I bet he would change his tune pretty quick...

Well the bidder just left me a negative feedback. That is SO wrong. Ebay has to protect the sellers from these types of idiots. I've been selling cd's for over 8 years on Ebay and not once did someone ask if something I sold was from Columbia House.

I'm gonna fight this feedback, it is not illegal to sell CH issued discs, they are the same in every way, except for the words Columbia House printed on them. The idiot stated I sold him 'junk' in his neg feedback, the quality is no different, Fucktard!!! Buyers with these outrageous standards should ask before bidding and not guess it to be so just because no metion of it is made in the description.

Take a breath..........

Ive been selling on ebay since 1998 and full time since 2002 and have already been through all the stages. First unless the feedback has something really bad in it like phone numbers or cuss words it wont be removed no matter what you do. Also even if they remove the comment the negative stays.

Man just forget it about it and move on. Dont waste your time it would be a losing battle.

As for what started this issue. If you take alook back through some of the old posts you will find many people here that also get upset when they receive a BMG or Columbia House issue that was not stated in listing .

Actually I am curious if those people are gonna speak up.

For the record I couldnt give a damn whether its Columbia house or not. I learned my lesson many years ago on ebay that you better know what your selling and make sure you give this information or else it leads to this problem you are having.

The negative is not a big deal. Most people buying really could care less and alot never even look at the feedback. If they want something they just buy it. Half the time they dont even read the description.

Take a breath..........

Ive been selling on ebay since 1998 and full time since 2002 and have already been through all the stages. First unless the feedback has something really bad in it like phone numbers or cuss words it wont be removed no matter what you do. Also even if they remove the comment the negative stays.

Man just forget it about it and move on. Dont waste your time it would be a losing battle.

As for what started this issue. If you take alook back through some of the old posts you will find many people here that also get upset when they receive a BMG or Columbia House issue that was not stated in listing .

Actually I am curious if those people are gonna speak up.

For the record I couldnt give a damn whether its Columbia house or not. I learned my lesson many years ago on ebay that you better know what your selling and make sure you give this information or else it leads to this problem you are having.

The negative is not a big deal. Most people buying really could care less and alot never even look at the feedback. If they want something they just buy it. Half the time they dont even read the description.

My thoughts exactly...

The feedback system is a joke, so unless you take it seriously (which most people don't because it's meaningless until it returns to the two-way street model of the early/mid 2000s), a negative doesn't mean much at the end of the day. Your reputation is sterling, Dave. One little Russian retard will never change that!

I don't like 'em (BMG/Columbia House versions), but I don't think I'd get in a twist over a $3 cd. Now if I spent 20-30 bucks, that would be a different story.

Water under the bridge now, but maybe you could've suggested that if the buyer was willing to post positive feedback, you would've been willing to issue a refund (that is if you're that concerned about a negative). But like Tony said, if you have a ton of good feedback I wouldn't sweat a negative from an asshole buyer every now & then.

The few times I have sold CDs on eBay I have made sure I include as much info as possible, including label and the code on the spine etc, and if its a reissue or what not.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether its $3 or $300, collectors are collectors. I mean, how many people here have been pissed off that they recieved Russian pressings of CDs, despite the fact they are identical?

And also with Columbia House, when selling internationally you really should mention it as its not something we have, so may not be desirable to anyone outside the USA.

Me personally, I dont care what version it is, just as long as its the real deal and is complete.

Not saying he was right to post a neg, but in a case like that, I for the sake of $3 I would have refunded and swallowed the loss.