Things Ive learnt in the last 24 hours

Glen

The second Vega album is written and ready to go - the band are just awaiting the record label's go ahead to start the recording process.

Jeff Paris is in the process of writing and recording a new AOR album which will be produced by Tommy Denander - could be a 2011 release!

Strangeways have learnt their lesson - they are in the process of writing and recording a new studio album which will be totally in the vein of 'Walk In The Fire' and will be given a massive production job. Expect the album this year!

Steve Augeri's new solo album should be ready for release sometime in Autumn 2011

The second Work Of Art album will now be released in August 2011......I still reckon this will be one of the best albums of 2011! Early rumours are that it is better than the debut.

Jesse Damon is working on a new solo album.

The second WET album should be released before the end of 2011

Cheers

The second Vega album is written and ready to go - the band are just awaiting the record label's go ahead to start the recording process.

Wow, awesome news. That's actually really exciting. Where are Frontiers at?

Jeff Paris is in the process of writing and recording a new AOR album which will be produced by Tommy Denander - could be a 2011 release!

Could be interesting. I'd try it out at least.

Strangeways have learnt their lesson - they are in the process of writing and recording a new studio album which will be totally in the vein of 'Walk In The Fire' and will be given a massive production job. Expect the album this year!

Haha, good to hear. I'd love to hear it actually happen.

Steve Augeri's new solo album should be ready for release sometime in Autumn 2011

Who? :lol: Seriously, I'd be stunned if this was even listenable.

The second Work Of Art album will now be released in August 2011......I still reckon this will be one of the best albums of 2011! Early rumours are that it is better than the debut.

Long time coming, but I'm still looking forward to this.

His first 2 solo albums and recent Silent Rage CD give me no confidence in this. :(

Real nice.

What about Kane Roberts? Is he going to do anything in music after Firefest?

And just out of curiosity, was 2010 the first Jeff Scott Solo-less year in music... well, ever? :lol: Or did I miss something?

His first 2 solo albums and recent Silent Rage CD give me no confidence in this. :(

Real nice.

And just out of curiosity, was 2010 the first Jeff Scott Solo-less year in music... well, ever? :lol: Or did I miss something?

His Live FF dvd.....come on as if JSS would go a year without something out there lol!!

Re Kane Roberts, I think he may well have an EP of new music available by FF - or that's what it says on the site anyway??

Real nice.

His Live FF dvd.....come on as if JSS would go a year without something out there lol!!

Re Kane Roberts, I think he may well have an EP of new music available by FF - or that's what it says on the site anyway??

A new EP... nice. So, uh, will that be co-written and produced by Desmond Child? ;):lol:

• 5 months later...

Album will be released beginning of October 2011.

Album will be released beginning of October 2011.

..And I hope it's a damned sight better than the last one.

looks like Vega and WET will be an awesome contender for this year's top position, what an exciting year !

Great info there bud

Sorry definitely no WET this year. Richard Mace is a friend on my facebook - he does all the artwork & he's heard diddly squat on the WET front - anyhow EM is tied up writing for the new Jimi Jamison solo album.

Re Vega - all ready to go by the sound of it but I reckon it will be 2012 - I bet we'll get acouple of new songs at Firefest though.

Cheers

Just been chatting to Erik Heikne (Miss Behaviour)....and they will be back in the UK in October and a London date is scheduled.

Marvellous.

looks like Vega and WET will be an awesome contender for this year's top position, what an exciting year !

Great info there bud

Sorry definitely no WET this year. Richard Mace is a friend on my facebook - he does all the artwork & he's heard diddly squat on the WET front - anyhow EM is tied up writing for the new Jimi Jamison solo album.

Re Vega - all ready to go by the sound of it but I reckon it will be 2012 - I bet we'll get acouple of new songs at Firefest though.

Cheers

yeah i thought with Martensson busy writing music for Eclipse and other artists, and also Sall is probably going to launch a live band version of WoA, chances are low for them to launch a new WET, but hopefully next year.

Regarding Vega, last year they released the album on the very late of the year, so who knows the lightning strikes twice at the same time again :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great info there bud

Cheers

yeah i thought with Martensson busy writing music for Eclipse

From Erik Martensson's facebook page regarding the new Eclipse album -

"We're doing our best to satisfy your craving for the best hard rock ever written, performed and produced by mankind!"

Somehow, after Toby Hitchcock, I believe him lol !!

I have a lot of hope for this new Eclipse album. He obviously has it in him, so hopefully he's saved the best songs for himself and this next Eclipse CD is just mind blowing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry Hess is about to start mixing his second solo album - a rock record. Assume a 2012 release!

Well that's extremely sexy news. Looking forward to it.