Holy Grail - Crisis in Utopia

DaHun72

Have had this CD for a couple of weeks and I am speechless. It's not often I get knocked off my feet by straight ahead metal releases coz I'm more of a hard rock guy. Like the first Hibria CD this has sucked the marrow from my bones and I have no idea why more people aren't talking about it.

The guys have a video here:

Do yourself a favour, the songs are a real nice mix and the band know how to slow it down, pump out the riffs, build it up, rip into awesome lead breaks, dual guitar harmonies and the singer has had a massive bagpipe inserted into his lungs and can really let rip.

It's also nice to see these guys are from the US and playing this style of music. Awesome...... fffffffffffffffwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr fuck yeah!!!

;)

John

I've gotta say I don't mind this album. Like you John, I'm more into Hard Rock and it's not often I venture into Heavy Metal territory. But for some reason I got into this one. I think the band is made up of ex White Wizzard members so maybe that had something to do with it.

• 1 month later...

I did check this one out after the good comments... just not for me, sadly. Reminds me a little of Trivium. It's all quite nice with some nice musicality, but I didn't find anything song-wise to sink my teeth in. Nothing memorable, for me anyway. :(